Can I downgrade to black+your opinion on Cyan update?

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Im currently on Cyan and i dont really fancy it.

It has started to seem a lot like lagdroid...

going to do a hard reset soon but i would like to know if there is a way? any way at all to downgrade to black?

Oh ya, and please do sound off on your opinion on Cyan update

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
The wife has a 520 with Cyan, as far as I can see most of the upgrade is optional, you can choose three columns, you can choose to have a picture on your tiles, you can choose to swipe or type and I have played about with her phone and it isn't laggy at all.

Bob

gjs520820

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Don't see any reason you can't downgrade to Black since it allowed us to downgrade to wp8.0. You would need to have or download a copy of the black ROM to flash the phone.

ambeatz

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I only have a battery problem with certain apps. Especially chat apps they eat up battery life quick. On standby I can go two days without lil or no usage.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

going to do a hard reset soon but i would like to know if there is a way? any way at all to downgrade to black?

There is but that wouldnt be a wise decision since you are missing out on many new featurs like shape writing, notification center, transparent tiles, quick toggles etc. A hard reset would solve the lag.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I only have a battery problem with certain apps. Especially chat apps they eat up battery life quick. On standby I can go two days without lil or no usage.
Try disabling some apps in the battery saver app. Yes, every app on your phone can be disabled now with wp8.1

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression that you could not roll back firmware upgrades like Cyan. I may be wrong about that. Anyway, I had upgraded a 1520 to Cyan and it started having a few issues like long resume times and freezing every now and then. After doing a hard reset the phone is buttery smooth now. Try the reset and hope it works well for you.

anon(8141431)

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

hard reset will make your phone WPSmooth again

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
It's not lagging at all for me. Have you done a factory reset? It may help. Just back everything up first.

I did one the other day but its still not to my satisfaction. Tried NSRT to reset but somehow the software is not detecting the phone. Hard reset from the phone(setting). Tried changing USB ports, tied soft resetting, tried restarting (including restarting the PC) Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786