How's Lumia 520 doing, 10-15 days after cyan update?

emjey

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I m using LUMIA 520 with cyan . I m in India.

I Can say that the user interface,navigation is much polished and smoother. I find no lags or freezes during any of the multitasking i do with the phone.

Battery consumption has improved. It lasts till the night frm the morning 7 o clock i charge it before leaving to my office. The uage wise u see i listen to songs lots of whatsapping sme games during the day and m satisfied wid the battery back up.

In short i just felt like m using iOS for more less than half the price of it :)

sameermehta2

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Cyan was better than pfd GDR 1 & again did a mistake of enrolling back for PFD & updating to latest version,facing massive battery drain problem on my 520 shows just 8 hrs available after 100% charged😞

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
The performance may be a tiny bit worse than Lumia Black however it is fully stable. If Lumia Cyan is available for your device, I would highly recommend downloading.

sajan45

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone give me a alternate link to download cyan firmware for Lumia 520 India version because i don't have a WiFi and download fails after 80-90% in navifirm and NSU.

Daks023

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
after Cyan update there is problem with headphones, when you plug headphones sometimes you can only hear sound from left one. Only reboot fix the issue(this was not issue on WP 8.0 and no hard reset dont fix it since this was issue on DP too)

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
On the whole, am loving the update & WP8.1...
Negatives -
battery life seems to have reduced, atleast for me
camera focus is worse than before, but I guess thats for all devices
also the irritating pop sound while fast forwarding or rewinding videos & the not so irritating but suspicious static sound heard whenever Whatsapp & Nokia Camera is opened

Samit Katiyar

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi Guyz,

I have a small question here ....I am on 8.1 with Preview for Dev (PfD) and having latest updates (till last week)....Shld I downgrade to black and then upgrade to Cyan? Is there anything I am missing with PfD 8.1 with latest upgrade?

What else is new in Cyan update from WP 8.1 (pFD)

Thanks in advance
Samit

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guyz,

I have a small question here ....I am on 8.1 with Preview for Dev (PfD) and having latest updates (till last week)....Shld I downgrade to black and then upgrade to Cyan? Is there anything I am missing with PfD 8.1 with latest upgrade?

What else is new in Cyan update from WP 8.1 (pFD)

Thanks in advance
Samit

Cyan is basically just firmware which offers better support to WP8.1, so not much is new, atleast noticeably... be that as it may, its always better to update, but that is just my opinion.

weaksauce27

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I am on At&T Official 8.1 with Cyan. Pretty smooth and not having issues for it being a 520. Battery life seems much better from Black also.

nyolc8

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
No lagg, no problem, same as wp8, in some cases it feels faster. BUT it always laggs/loading when I go into tabs in Internet Explorer, and UI animation laggs when I go to start screen from Internet Explorer. Only this two situation are bad on WP8.1 for me.

maurierose

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm happy with it - like previously posted, seems smooth, stable, and I seem to be having a bit better battery usage. Thank heavens! Camera is very different, but I think I like it.... as long as I remember to save my "bursts" that I like! LOL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)