I had a favorite local FM radio station set as my default when going to Audio/Radio. Used to be able to listen to the radio using headphones as the antenna. Now when I go to that I get only this message:

"This action is supported for signed in subscribers only." WTH does that mean? Where's my radio????
    08-29-2014 10:39 AM
    I had a favorite local FM radio station set as my default when going to Audio/Radio. Used to be able to listen to the radio using headphones as the antenna. Now when I go to that I get only this message:

"This action is supported for signed in subscribers only." WTH does that mean? Where's my radio????
    That is the xbox music radio service. Im not sure where fm radio is in 8.1.
    Muessig likes this.
    08-29-2014 10:42 AM
    08-29-2014 10:44 AM
    I see nothing in Collection for Radio, just my ~219 MP3's. Where's my FM radio????? Sigh...

Every time I tap on Radio I get the same message. Why does this for money app (XBox Radio) get to bump free FM radio out of it's previous position? That's nutty and reprehensible.

Ah! Your instructions were for if you don't have 8.1 installed yet. In the 8.1 version FM Radio is a separate app, I just pinned it to my start screen! They should have called the old location XBOX Radio instead of Radio. Not changing the name but changing its function, especially without an explanation was a blunder.

Anyway, thanks Colin. Your link to the 8.1 help revealed the situation.
    Muessig likes this.
    08-29-2014 10:57 AM
    I see nothing in Collection for Radio, just my ~219 MP3's. Where's my FM radio????? Sigh...

Every time I tap on Radio I get the same message. Why does this for money app (XBox Radio) get to bump free FM radio out of it's previous position? That's nutty and reprehensible.

Ah! Your instructions were for if you don't have 8.1 installed yet. In the 8.1 version FM Radio is a separate app, I just pinned it to my start screen! They should have called the old location XBOX Radio instead of Radio. Not changing the name but changing its function, especially without an explanation was a blunder.

Anyway, thanks Colin. Your link to the 8.1 help revealed the situation.
    you're welcome. And please use the thanks button as well, that would be awesome
    08-29-2014 06:01 PM