After 8.1 update can't listen to Radio using Nokia 520 anymore!

dmusicant

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I had a favorite local FM radio station set as my default when going to Audio/Radio. Used to be able to listen to the radio using headphones as the antenna. Now when I go to that I get only this message:

"This action is supported for signed in subscribers only." WTH does that mean? Where's my radio????

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I had a favorite local FM radio station set as my default when going to Audio/Radio. Used to be able to listen to the radio using headphones as the antenna. Now when I go to that I get only this message:

"This action is supported for signed in subscribers only." WTH does that mean? Where's my radio????
That is the xbox music radio service. Im not sure where fm radio is in 8.1.

dmusicant

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I see nothing in Collection for Radio, just my ~219 MP3's. Where's my FM radio????? Sigh...

Every time I tap on Radio I get the same message. Why does this for money app (XBox Radio) get to bump free FM radio out of it's previous position? That's nutty and reprehensible.

Ah! Your instructions were for if you don't have 8.1 installed yet. In the 8.1 version FM Radio is a separate app, I just pinned it to my start screen! They should have called the old location XBOX Radio instead of Radio. Not changing the name but changing its function, especially without an explanation was a blunder.

Anyway, thanks Colin. Your link to the 8.1 help revealed the situation.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I see nothing in Collection for Radio, just my ~219 MP3's. Where's my FM radio????? Sigh...

Every time I tap on Radio I get the same message. Why does this for money app (XBox Radio) get to bump free FM radio out of it's previous position? That's nutty and reprehensible.

Ah! Your instructions were for if you don't have 8.1 installed yet. In the 8.1 version FM Radio is a separate app, I just pinned it to my start screen! They should have called the old location XBOX Radio instead of Radio. Not changing the name but changing its function, especially without an explanation was a blunder.

Anyway, thanks Colin. Your link to the 8.1 help revealed the situation.
you're welcome. And please use the thanks button as well, that would be awesome

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3