how to downgrade to 8.0, NSUR shows only Cyan update

satboy78

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I'd like to downgrade my lumia 520 black (last update of wp8.1 developers preview on board) to wp8, but Nokia Software Updater for Retail shows me only Cyan update.

Is it safe to install cyan on wp8.1 dp?

Thanks a lot

Best regards

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure, but I think I have the 520's rom files saved on my PC at home. I could share them with you through OneDrive, but I'll need to make sure the ones I have are the ones you'll need. I'll reply here later today once I find out.

Liopleus Lin

May 23, 2014
Visit site
You can search online for black firmware files or donate to navifirm+ to download previous version firmware then use Nokia care suite to flash your device to black.

satboy78

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
ok thank you!

obviously I want to downgrade to 'black' to get 'cyan' update and then reinstall dp, so... do you think I'll brick my phone installing cyan using NSUR?

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
ok thank you!

obviously I want to downgrade to 'black' to get 'cyan' update and then reinstall dp, so... do you think I'll brick my phone installing cyan using NSUR?
When you use the NSR tool, since Cyan is available for your phone, it will wipe out everything and install WP8.1 with Cyan. Once the installation is completed, you can upgrade to the dev preview.

It shouldn't brick your phone at all unless you are really very unlucky.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site

It's actually safer to install Cyan/8.1 directly than it is to install Black/8.0 and then upgrade. The more steps you run, the more likely you are to have an unexpected problem.

satboy78

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
what was the size of instalation file downloaded as i also want to do the same.?

1.53 GB

I made a backup, then I used Nokia Software Updater for Retail to install Cyan. After phone restart I've checked for other updates, then I reset it, and restored my backup.

Now I've reactivated Developers Preview and I'm updating my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention