Possible duplicated WP 8.1 install?

joceeboy

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Dear WP Central experts!

Today, I got my very first Lumia, it's a Lumia 520. It is yellow, so I will refer to it as a she. :grin: Out of the box, WP 8 was installed, so I checked for updates, and the phone of course found some updates. After downloading and installing, she notified me, that 8.1 is ready to download and install.

After downloading the update the phone did nothing for a few seconds, so I pressed "More Info" bellow the "New updates are ready to install" notification. After a few seconds, she gave me the EULA and she asked if I'm ready to install. I clicked yes. After that, I had to do the same thing again (accept license, click "Install"). Then my phone restarted and installed the update.

I wanted to ask if it's possible that she may installed the update twice (because she asked twice) and use twice as much memory for the system files. My system files are about 2.31 gigs large. If it's normal, I guess there is no such a duplicated install possible. Correct me please if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your help in advance.

All the best,
joceeboy

Aviskri

May 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes, it's normal, you need to install two updates to get 8.1. Anyway the installation files are erased once the installation is complete:p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos