Hiya all!

I have a lumia 520, it was a great phone, but it got slower every time, now I'm at the point that I was really mad and threw my phone on the floor. Now every time I want to unlock my phone it says resuming.... For a few seconds before showing the lock screen, I've tried restarting and a soft reset. They didn't help. And it's irritating the crap out of me.
    You guys have any advice? The rest of the phone still works fine, no excessive amount of loading or resuming screens.

Thanks!
    10-09-2014 04:58 AM
    I don't think you dropped it. I recommend not throwing your phone in the first place.

How full is your phone memory? All devices get slower if you fill them up.

Also you can try a soft rest to see if that fixes your lockscreen issue.
    10-09-2014 05:11 AM
    Heading says dropped while description says threw... Seriously, even if its a pretty cheap phone I would never do that, especially Nokia phones.
    Anyway, if nothing else works, try a hard reset, seems to solve most issues.
    10-09-2014 05:47 AM
    Buy a 730/735 and don't throw it.

This will solve your issues, faster more powerful phone, slightly more expensive so hopefully causing you to think twice before losing it.....

..... Or buy a 1520, the thing is so fast, and you could probably break the floor with it (Although I wouldn't try this).

Bob
    10-09-2014 05:59 AM
    I don't think you dropped it. I recommend not throwing your phone in the first place.

How full is your phone memory? All devices get slower if you fill them up.

Also you can try a soft rest to see if that fixes your lockscreen issue.
    Sorry for the confusion, I kinda threw it on a carpet floor with the back down, not really that hard, it wasn't smart, but it survived without a scratch.

As for the memory, I still have 2.48 GB free space available and 5 GB on my sd card.
    10-09-2014 07:13 AM
    Heading says dropped while description says threw... Seriously, even if its a pretty cheap phone I would never do that, especially Nokia phones.
    Anyway, if nothing else works, try a hard reset, seems to solve most issues.
    Normally I don't throw phones, but this time I couldn't keep my temper :( I actually dropped my phone a few times on concrete tiles, by accident, apart from a few dents in the case nothing was wrong.

Maybe I'll try a hard reset but I did it a week ago too when I was sick of the music app not updating in DP.
    10-09-2014 07:19 AM
    Buy a 730/735 and don't throw it.

This will solve your issues, faster more powerful phone, slightly more expensive so hopefully causing you to think twice before losing it.....

..... Or buy a 1520, the thing is so fast, and you could probably break the floor with it (Although I wouldn't try this).

Bob
    I really want the 735, and that was why I got mad, I had the discussion with my parents, they are like; 'you have to keep some money aside, so that if something breaks you can afford to repair it.' But without a job and 18 of pocket money, that won't go fast.

So untill I am allowed to buy a phone from my OWN money I'll have to stick with this almost two years old brick.
    10-09-2014 07:23 AM
    If you can do it, do a hard reset or use the Nokia Software Recovery Tool. That will sort out your phone and make it 'like new' condition.

Keep in mind both methods will erase the phone completely.
    10-09-2014 07:25 AM
    Also what you can check is how many applications is running in the background...
    10-09-2014 08:52 AM
    Just wanted to ask, can you go enable kids corner and come back?

I would think that from your account that the abuse caused issues, but it sounds like a common issue people see when they uninstall the Live Lockscreen app, where enabling another lockscreen thing fixes it.
    10-09-2014 05:52 PM