Why aren't my photos saving right since the recent update?

Nikita Norman

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Problem with saved photos

Since the recent windows update my photos haven't been saving right. Both the thumbnails and the photos themselves are just black on the phone, and I've just tried to access them on my PC via a card reader and I'm getting an error message saying that they are not valid JPEG/JIFF files. Sometimes I can take a photo then upload it to facebook to save it before it goes black, but not always.

I've tried uploading the black images and FB won't do it. Help!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Problem with saved photos

Since the recent windows update my photos haven't been saving right. Both the thumbnails and the photos themselves are just black on the phone, and I've just tried to access them on my PC via a card reader and I'm getting an error message saying that they are not valid JPEG/JIFF files. Sometimes I can take a photo then upload it to facebook to save it before it goes black, but not always.

I've tried uploading the black images and FB won't do it. Help!

Have you tried restarting your phone? You may simply power your phone down and turn it on again. Alternatively, you may "soft reset" your phone by pressing the volume down and power buttons together for 10-15 seconds until you feel your phone vibrate. This will NOT erase your phone data.

If you are referring to the latest update released for those enrolled in the Preview for Developers Program, you may want to post your concern in this page of the Mircosoft Community where Mike Mongeau and his team are "closely monitoring" feedback after releasing the last update. They may read your concern and post a fix in the next update.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss