Is my Lumia 520 dead?

rahul kandra

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 520 dead

Last night i was talking on the phone while charging and suddenly it switched off. I tried to power on but nothing happened. So i removed the battery and placed it again but nothing happened. I also tried the volume down and power keys combination but the result is same. Next I downloaded Nokia Software Updater but it says the phone is not supported. Please help.....lots of important data.....

GoNokindow

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 dead

If your phone has bricked there's probably only one option left. Use nokia recovery software. Just downloaded the software, plug the phone in, follow the instructions. Though, bad news will be, it formats the phone. All your data will be gone. But the phone itself should work again.

boltman2013

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 dead

Press and hold the Volume Down Volume down button and Power Power button buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10–15 seconds). Your phone will restart automatically.
Notes
Sometimes your phone will vibrate right away when you press the Volume Down Volume down button and Power Power button buttons—this is probably due to your ringer changing to Vibrate. Wait to release the buttons until a second vibration after 10–15 seconds.
If you don't let go of the Volume Down Volume down button and Power Power button buttons right after the vibration at 10–15 seconds, your phone may show a black startup screen and not restart normally. If this happens, just repeat the button combo to try again.
Not all phones support the ability to restart your phone this way, so check with your phone's manufacturer to find out how to force a restart.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo