[L520] Unable to turn my ringer_media volume up?

mathew mcewen

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
The volume control box is stuck on display, acts as if button I stuck down but its not, never been wet or dropped, two days old. Also cannot use back arrow for anything since this happend after a restart. Soo frustrating anything anyone? Tried everything. I think phones toast

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try a Soft Reset. You won't loose data, but it will clear out the system memory. It is great for fixing minor glitches. Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons about 10 seconds and then release. the phone will reboot.

Also, I know you said the button is not stuck down... But remove the back and inspect the Volume Down area. The button on the case could appear fine, but something could still be in the way internally.

If neither of these work, make a backup then do a factory reset. Otherwise you have a hardware issue.

Cath Tait

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
We had a user report the exact same issue but they had a little pen (to use of the screen) plugged into the audio jack.... obviously the phone though it was headphones

mathew mcewen

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Interesting, thank you, I have plugged the headphones in to see what happens, unfortunately it didn't change anything and just kept acting exactly the same immediately going back to zero volume.although it did recognize the headphones', very frustrating as I cannot use browser back button, hear the ringer or use the alarm due to no sound. It's really bizzare. Every reset and restart does nothing it just goes right back to the problem. The more I research the more I'm realizing there hasn't been alot of reports of the same issue and something is just permanently broken.

mathew mcewen

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for your input, much appreciated. I have recently done every reboot restart under the sun with no luck. It's very bizarre as when I'm on the home screen the ringer volume will not go up, but when I'm browsing the web its the media volume that goes to zero and the ringer volume acts fine. I think your right about the hardware issue and I'm seeing the more I research the more I notice there is no answer to the problem. It's to bad nicest phone I've had so far and of course I get the one with unfixable issues. Story of my life ��. Thanks again.

okayokay1090

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I am having the exact same problem on my lumia 735, but my phone died and now it will not even come back on, it is stuck on a continuous reboot and i cant seem to figure out how to fix it. Also, an exclamation mark keeps on popping up on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos