Will my Lumia 520 be updated to Windows 10?

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
in my previous post I already say this is not a android os problem. This is nexus 6 model. Ex- Lumia 535 touch issue.
if you have the problem with your nexus 6 you post your problem in Android central don't post android phone problems in windows central. Iam not a android user I am a windows phone user.
so closed this android topic. I am so bored to discuss in the android topic.

​Th lag comes from the encryption that the user can't turn off.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
in my previous post I already say this is not a android os problem. This is nexus 6 model. Ex- Lumia 535 touch issue.
if you have the problem with your nexus 6 you post your problem in Android central don't post android phone problems in windows central. Iam not a android user I am a windows phone user.
so closed this android topic. I am so bored to discuss in the android topic.

And just for the record the Memory bleed which causes processes to accumulate overtime and eat up ram permanently causing apps to crash and lag even on 3gb RAM devices is one of the major bugs with 5.0.0 and 5.0.1. Something this severe should have never been present in a official ota release and it affects almost all Lollipop devices as of now...
And since u don't use android at all u have no idea, but well I do and I don't even wanna begin talking about the smaller bugs...

Teodora Mihova

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
jbgnews

Last year, on their Lumia Twitter account, Microsoft officially stated that all Lumia Windows Phone 8 devices will receive the highly anticipated Windows 10 update. However, as recently noted in their official Lumia Conversations blog, things won’t be as straightforward as people thought.

The post primarily concerns people who are still rocking first generation Lumia phones, including the Nokia Lumia 520 and 1020, among others. While Microsoft won’t go back on their promise and Windows 10 will hit the aforementioned devices, the OS update won’t include all of the possible Windows 10 features, as “certain features and experiences will require more advanced future hardware“.

There is a level of uncertainty as to what will be excluded from the Nokia Lumia 520 and other first generation Lumia phones Windows 10 Update. Some speculations suggest that some of the most anticipated features, such as the floating keyboard, the actionable notifications and the universal speech-to-text won’t be included. However, a recent report from Windows Central suggests that the Lumia Conversations blog post may be in regard to the different wireless carriers. In the report, Microsoft officials state that while all Windows Phone 8 flagship devices and the first generation of Lumia phones, including the Nokia Lumia 520, are eligible for update, the final decision will come down to the carriers.

Users will still have to wait for the new OS, but an official Microsoft Windows 10 Technical preview is planned to hit the Nokia Lumia 520 and other Windows flagship devices in the following weeks.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
1020 and 520 are "first generation" Lumia phones? I don't think so. Errors like that really make me question any other information that a "news" article may present.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Terms like first generation / second generations do not always have fixed definitions. That's why these kind of terms may often confuse people .
So they must be seen in the context of the article and not taken out of context.

Last edited:

vinoth mydhu

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Yes, yes, I know... Microsoft Lumia told us last year that they are planning to update all Windows Phone 8 models to Windows 10...

BUT...

LOTS of tech sites lately are saying that A MAJORITY and NOT ALL of the Lumias will be updated to Windows 10.

If this is true, then I am sure that my phone will not be updated... Microsoft has been releasing low end phones with 1 GB of RAM lately. And there was a news last week that the new Lumia 532 is said to be "Windows 10 ready", and it is a low end phone with 1 GB of RAM... This might be an indication that Lumias with 512MB of RAM will not be updated to Windows 10...

Skittle Milk

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I too have heard and read that a good majority of Windows Phone 8.1 devices will be eligible for the update at launch. Guess there's really only one real way to know.

Manish Nair

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site
ok here it goes Microsoft has listed some phones that are eligible for windows 10 update and Lumia 635 is also listed in it Lumia 635 has same specs as that of Lumia 520 it has just got 4.5" display and that any how wont make a difference for update so don't stress Lumia 520 will also be eligible as it is also getting all the technical preview updates and the new build 10512 works really fine just lock screen widgets lags sometimes which is a bug as it is also a problem in many high end devices which is running on tech preview build 10512 :eek:rly: :grin:

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I tried to update my nokia lumia 520 today... but the software sais, that 8.1 is the most recent version. shouldnt it update to win10 now?
Windows 10 mobile is not out yet, only testing. W10M will probably be out in October-November, the L520 will probably be towards the end as it is not of the list of first updates.

tut1234

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
ok here it goes Microsoft has listed some phones that are eligible for windows 10 update and Lumia 635 is also listed in it Lumia 635 has same specs as that of Lumia 520 it has just got 4.5" display and that any how wont make a difference for update so don't stress Lumia 520 will also be eligible as it is also getting all the technical preview updates and the new build 10512 works really fine just lock screen widgets lags sometimes which is a bug as it is also a problem in many high end devices which is running on tech preview build 10512 :eek:rly: :grin:
Is 10512 on your L520 good enough for a daily driver? I tried the last 2 build and went back to 8.1, tired of hard resets and reloading apps. Thanks.

LumiaWorld

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys im back! Just asking again about the W10 update for the 520. Will the 520 receive the official update or will it be stuck on the insider preview version?

abu_sufiyan

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Will my Lumia 521 be updated to Windows 10?

i resently buy nokia lumia 521.
can u tell me how to update nokia lumia 521 to windows 10 with pc.

Snehasis

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Why Lumias with 512MB of RAM will not be updated to Windows 10...
plz..........................................................................................:cry::unhappysweat::asleep:
i was greedily looking forward to update my lumia 720 n 520 into wp10...... ;-(
plz try to update those having 512ram

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss