Should Whatsapp be taking more than 2.5 gb space on my phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Whatsapp taking more than 2.5 gb space on phone

Can you please help me because I'm not able to update my phone it is constantly showing space problem when I used storage sense to see what is taking too much there I found whatsapp is appearing on my phone memory and it is taking more than 2.5 gb space.... How and why? Is Lumia 520 is keeping videos and songs shared among the group although they are deleted?? If this is the case then I was a big fan of Lumia but after this it is a great disappointment.....

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp taking more than 2.5 gb space on phone

Can you please help me because I'm not able to update my phone it is constantly showing space problem when I used storage sense to see what is taking too much there I found whatsapp is appearing on my phone memory and it is taking more than 2.5 gb space.... How and why? Is Lumia 520 is keeping videos and songs shared among the group although they are deleted?? If this is the case then I was a big fan of Lumia but after this it is a great disappointment.....

Welcome to Windows Central.

Media files may be stored temporarily within the app's memory itself, causing the increased app size. You may simply uninstall and then reinstall the app to restore the app size to its "original" size. Alternatively, you may also uninstall the app first*, install the phone updates, and then reinstall the app.

Also, try not to let one or a couple or so of Apps "ruin" your already great Windows Phone experience.:cool:

*- You may need to uninstall more apps, anyway, to clear out more space for the update if the space is still insufficient.

jontyfernz

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Whatsapp taking more than 2.5 gb space on phone

If you have a lot of chats,photos,videos then only

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss