Flashing ROM to Nokia 520

luck11

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi. I have an 520 from AT&T but am using in Canada and want to flash a ROM, likely Rogers, to the phone.

Few questions:

1. Any suggestions on which ROM is best for the 520 for use in Canada (Rogers, international etc)?

2. If I flash to a the Rogers ROM (or any other ROM), will I get the updates as usual?

3. The AT&T is currently unlocked. Will changing the ROM lock it again to Rogers?

Thanks.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
The only ROMs you can flash is for the RM-915 variant. If you're looking for an unbranded ROM then you've quite a few options, I've used the Brazil CV ROM and it works just fine, plus its currently running the Denim release (Cyan firmware + OS v14219). The ROM is unbranded and flashing it won't lock your device again. Since the ROM is country variant, updates are pushed directly from Microsoft and are not carrier dependant.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
2. You will get updates from whatever source the ROM points to, so ROGERS if its a ROGERS ROM, MS, if its an unbranded ROM...

3. The SIM lock is independent of all this, it should remain unlocked.

luck11

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for info and quick responses!!

With the Brazil ROM (or other unbranded ROMs), do I have access to all the same apps, and are there apps or functionality that i would not have if using a Rogers ROM (are there any disadvantages to using unbranded rather than using Rogers ROM)?

For North American application is the Brazil ROM the best unbranded (that has/gets the latest updates)?

Where's the best place to the find the ROMs...gsmhosting?

Thanks.

Last edited:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can tell, you wouldn't be losing much. The only thing I couldn't find was presidential alerts and field test mode was disabled. If you don't know/don't care about them then using the Brazil ROM would be the better option. You can download the ROMs from Nokia Care Suite or Navifirm+

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon