The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-17-2015 01:01 PM
40 12
tools
    On Friday 10th April, Microsoft is launching Windows 10 Technical Preview for Lumia 520(together with other models). When you install it, let us know in comments below about how its working on Lumia 520.

It will help millions of Lumia 520 users
    Don't forget to come back and comment.
    Waheed Abdelkareem likes this.
    04-09-2015 04:21 AM
    I am installing it tomorrow in my 520 I leave a comment with my impressions
    PratikMade and TechnoReact like this.
    04-09-2015 04:29 AM
    Can u Please tell me windows 10 working on windows 10 are Not.............
    Am waiting for that.
    04-10-2015 01:00 AM
    Windows 10 will work on 520 is on the list
    TechnoReact likes this.
    04-10-2015 01:16 AM
    Are you all ready? Do share your feedback........
    04-10-2015 11:40 AM
    Anyone have tried? Should I install ....??
    04-10-2015 11:47 AM
    Anyone has downloaded?
    04-10-2015 11:53 PM
    Installed it is working little rough but it is expected as it is just a preview build no major issue of crashing or so but if it is your primary device you should not install it and moreover if you use Office apps more skip this build for now and wait till universal office apps come

Update : Did a hard reset after hard resetting not able to install apps from store dont know if it microsoft server issue or phone issue
    Last edited by Akash Patel; 04-11-2015 at 12:07 AM.
    prasath1234 likes this.
    04-10-2015 11:56 PM
    i installed the preview but after the wheel screen my okia lumia 520 is not booting up
    it just restarts as soon as nokia screen appears
    04-11-2015 01:41 AM
    i installed the preview but after the wheel screen my okia lumia 520 is not booting up
    it just restarts as soon as nokia screen appears
    I think there is a fault with your battery.. If it is still not fixed, remove and reinsert the battery properly.. Also keep a little piece of paper below your battery
    04-11-2015 01:59 AM
    Its sluggish(not that i didnt expect that),all settings button from action center not working,no new background same as it was before,battery procentage stuck on 44%,but its great to have this build even tho its not that optimised,when unlocking freeze for about 2-3 sec...
    prasath1234 likes this.
    04-11-2015 02:16 AM
    Seems kinda faster on closing apps but one thing I noticed its not closing the app if you hit back button, but sending to background. Also back button no longer closing the live-folders. So far its slower but expected.

Mail app not working, (there is no new Outlook)
    Messaging app not working (there is no new messaging app as well)
    No Spartan browser as well.

There are some scaling issues but its expected as well.
    04-11-2015 04:50 AM
    Seems kinda faster on closing apps but one thing I noticed its not closing the app if you hit back button, but sending to background. Also back button no longer closing the live-folders. So far its slower but expected.

Mail app not working, (there is no new Outlook)
    Messaging app not working (there is no new messaging app as well)
    No Spartan browser as well.

There are some scaling issues but its expected as well.
    hard reset your phone pls

btw anyone noticed there is no crop/ reposition photo when choosing background/ lock screen image
    and the navigation button seem less responsive too
    04-11-2015 05:26 AM
    after installing my lumia 520 show me a screen white and just stay screen white, lock and unlock and nothing. what can i do ?
    04-11-2015 07:25 AM
    I have got all the new apps and no major issues. Overall the performance is a bit slow, especially the time taken to get response from the navigation buttons. Apart from this and the blank black/white screens instead of the splash screens or resuming screens, everything is okay. Wouldn't recommend to install if the 520 is your primary device.
    themainman likes this.
    04-11-2015 07:37 AM
    Try restarting your phone.
    04-11-2015 07:38 AM
    Yeah.
    04-11-2015 07:38 AM
    Can i update through mobile data
    04-11-2015 08:07 AM
    do you guys have Settings on app list ??? i dont have it :( all setting toggle on action is not working :( i did a hard reset , still same
    04-11-2015 08:51 AM
    I installed it. and it's buggy as ****. You can't disable/enable mobile data, the performance is very bad. And apps won't update. I like the UI though. But I don't recommend it
    04-11-2015 08:57 AM
    do you guys have Settings on app list ??? i dont have it :( all setting toggle on action is not working :( i did a hard reset , still same
    Weird, I have it in the app list, pinned to start (from before update), and in the notifications area and it works from all three places. All I did after the install finished was a soft reset. I do find that sometimes I now have to hold a press for a couple seconds to get it to register.
    04-11-2015 09:01 AM
    My friend and I both have 520s. He took the plunge while I'm still holding back. He said he was having trouble using Messaging, and that the software in general was "laggy af". Expected, due to the old hardware and the early incomplete software.
    04-11-2015 09:38 AM
    -I have 2 settings apps. The old one and the new one. The new one doesn't work and doesn't open at all. The old one is missing alot of the options it had before. Can't even change my lockscreen background. Anyone else have this issue?

-Also I second the unresponsive navigation buttons. Especially the Windows button.

-Also sometimes when I close the notifications drop down, the screen doesn't redraw itself and a frozen image stays on the screen until I touch the screen.

-Keyboard is a lot slower and text prediction is bad while swiping but it seems worse when i swipe fast so probably goes back to the performance issue. I miss the keyboard shortcut of pressing the symbol key and dragging to desired symbol.

-Apps crash frequently and often won't start up at all.

-Replying to texts from notifications is nice!

-Revamped calculator and alarm app is nice.

-Don't like the slow animations of new task switcher.

-Don't like the new phone app and people app. I would elaborate more but typing on this keyboard is kinda annoying now lol.

Was gonna mention something else but i forgot xD
    I'll keep posting as stuff comes up
    04-11-2015 11:10 PM
    -I have 2 settings apps. The old one and the new one. The new one doesn't work and doesn't open at all. The old one is missing alot of the options it had before. Can't even change my lockscreen background. Anyone else have this issue?

-Also I second the unresponsive navigation buttons. Especially the Windows button.

-Also sometimes when I close the notifications drop down, the screen doesn't redraw itself and a frozen image stays on the screen until I touch the screen.

-Keyboard is a lot slower and text prediction is bad while swiping but it seems worse when i swipe fast so probably goes back to the performance issue. I miss the keyboard shortcut of pressing the symbol key and dragging to desired symbol.

-Apps crash frequently and often won't start up at all.

-Replying to texts from notifications is nice!

-Revamped calculator and alarm app is nice.

-Don't like the slow animations of new task switcher.

-Don't like the new phone app and people app. I would elaborate more but typing on this keyboard is kinda annoying now lol.

Was gonna mention something else but i forgot xD
    I'll keep posting as stuff comes up
    hard reset fix the double stuff
    04-12-2015 01:44 AM
    After updating windows 10 mails are not working properly means i am using gmail+outlook+nokia mails .
    Gmail is not syncing after update and also i am not receiving any mails to my phone please resolve it
    04-12-2015 03:22 AM
40 12