Lumia 520 Died during downgrade to 8.1 from 10. How can I revive it?

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 520 Died during downgrade to 8.1 from 10.

Hello Community,
I updated my Lumia 520 to Windows 10 mobile yesterday. But due to continuous lag I decided to roll back to Wp8.1 using Windows phone recovery tool. It as usual downloaded 1.5Gb software and then started installing it on my device(Phone display turned red and there was installation progress bar). But after 6% installation "Error came on pc software written failed or something like that. Usb disconnected." Though i dont remember the exact words,but it meant this only. So i again started the installation an it started again from fresh. But same thing happened after 3% it again failed. And i again tried restarting the process but now my phone is dead completely. Recovery tool isnt able to discover my phone. I have tried following but nothing worked.
->Soft/hard Reset since the phone isnt turning on. No vibration
->Connecting phone with Nokia emergency connectivity driver but still recover tool isnt able to read my phone.
->Using lumia recovery tool LSRT. But it says my device isnt supported.
->Charging my phone for about 1 hour.Nothing

I would really appreciate your help here.
Thanking You
Sincerely
Kartik

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 Died during downgrade to 8.1 from 10.

Hello Community,
I updated my Lumia 520 to Windows 10 mobile yesterday. But due to continuous lag I decided to roll back to Wp8.1 using Windows phone recovery tool. It as usual downloaded 1.5Gb software and then started installing it on my device(Phone display turned red and there was installation progress bar). But after 6% installation "Error came on pc software written failed or something like that. Usb disconnected." Though i dont remember the exact words,but it meant this only. So i again started the installation an it started again from fresh. But same thing happened after 3% it again failed. And i again tried restarting the process but now my phone is dead completely. Recovery tool isnt able to discover my phone. I have tried following but nothing worked.
->Connecting phone with Nokia emergency connectivity driver but still recover tool isnt able to read my phone.

Thanking You
Sincerely
Kartik

check your usb port/cable . reinstall all the drivers and try again. SRT should discover your device. such occurance has happened with many users over various devices. ;) good day
do post your issue on this thread :
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...one-10-discussion-problem-solving-thread.html

How to roll back from Windows 10 Preview to Windows Phone 8.1 | Windows Central

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for help. I have checked my usb port and cable. They are working fine on other devices.When i connect my phone there is a notification sound from window(desktop) and my phone gets connected to nokia emergency connectivity driver but the Windows phone recovery tool isnt detecting it even through "My phone was not detected" feature. Which specific drivers should i reinstall?

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

thanks for help Abhishek. My usb port and cables are working fine. When i connect my phone through pc yes there is a notification sound on pc and my phone gets connected via nokia emergency connectivity driver. But recovery tool isnt able to discover it and phone also doesn't boot. it remains dead.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

thanks for help Abhishek. My usb port and cables are working fine. When i connect my phone through pc yes there is a notification sound on pc and my phone gets connected via nokia emergency connectivity driver. But recovery tool isnt able to discover it and phone also doesn't boot. it remains dead.

i wil let you know as i find find a solution for this by then you could try reinstalling the SRT. AND KEEP TRYING . ;) good day

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

ok . Thanks. Just on emore thing Lumia recovery tool is able to detect my dead phone and it gives the message my phone is not supported since its for Wp8 and earlier devices only and not for 8.1 or 10.But Windows phone recovery isnt detecting it at all.
:)

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site

ok . Thanks. Just on emore thing Lumia recovery tool is able to detect my dead phone and it gives the message my phone is not supported since its for Wp8 and earlier devices only and not for 8.1 or 10.But Windows phone recovery isnt detecting it at all.
:)

lumia recovery tool is outdated and is not suported for wp 8.x devices. uninstall that and reinstall windows phone recovery tool with all essential drivers and try to roll back. here is the link for a fresh copy of wp recovery tool

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=522381

Gautham V kunnath

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Hello Community,

Thanking You
Sincerely
Kartik

Same issue with my phone also! Lumia 520
exactly the same issue!
Somebody kindly help me.
And please let me know if I can get any help from Nokia service center!

lozlo

May 29, 2014
Visit site

Same here. Lumia 520 totally dead following Windows Phone Recovery Tool attempt to rollback to 8.1 from 10TP. Have tried most of the software solutions suggested to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I keep seeing the suggestion to bring it to a Nokia Care Center. I am in New Jersey. Does anyone know if there is a Nokia Care Center here? Would a Microsoft store be of any help? Thanks.
Ron.

arjan wolthuis

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

Hello Community,

Thanking You
Sincerely
Kartik

^^^
Main reason I don't downgrade

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Hi Abhishek
I tried this but it didnt work.
I guess issue is with windows phone recovery tool. Being new I think it doesnt have feature to detect dead phone as LSRT have. Since my phone is out of warranty period so I am taking my phone to a local technician today first for boot repair. Lets see what he has to say.I guess JTAG would be useful to repair boot.
Will provide you all with update asap.
I just wish Microsoft bring dead phone recovery feature for 8.x and above phones as it is present for WP8 or other nokia phones.

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Hi all who face same problem, I just want to ask did the windows phone recovery software give you all warning that your battery must be at least 25% charged or something before continuing ?

Gautham V kunnath

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi Abhishek
I tried this but it didnt work.
I guess issue is with windows phone recovery tool. Being new I think it doesnt have feature to detect dead phone as LSRT have. Since my phone is out of warranty period so I am taking my phone to a local technician today first for boot repair. Lets see what he has to say.I guess JTAG would be useful to repair boot.
Will provide you all with update asap.
I just wish Microsoft bring dead phone recovery feature for 8.x and above phones as it is present for WP8 or other nokia phones.

Please let me know if local tech could solve the issue!

Vic Nair

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Switch USB cables, computer or USB slots while using the recovery tool... Worked for me

Apostol Karovski

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

What PC and Windows version did it work for you?
my phone is now stuck at blank screen
in device manager it shows QHUSB_DLOAD
have installed 3-4 versions of recovery (microsoft lumia, nokia, nokia retail ...) the nokia versions report device is in flash recovery mode, but neither of them can start flashing

Vic Nair

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site

Windows 7, Acer Aspire Laptop, USB 3.0 cable, Windows Phone Recovery Tool ver 1.1.0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750