Lumia 520 Died during downgrade to 8.1 from 10. How can I revive it?

snak251

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 Died during downgrade to 8.1 from 10.

i had the exactly same problem, you just need do keep trying, use "Lumia recovery tool 5.0.7"
the steps:
1 - open Lumia recovery tool
2 - click on the "My phone doesnt respond" button
3 - connect the phone when he ask you to
4 - wait and he will recognize your phone
try do restore, as you said ("But same thing happened after 3% it again failed"), it always give an error, BUUUUUT, everytime you try, the error is later at the progress, you will eventually get to 50%, when this happens, you will not get any error again

*everytime you try again, you will have to remove the battery and do all the process again (i know, its exhaustive, took me some hours to complete the process)

* you HAVE to use Lumia recovery tool, doesnt work with other programs

*remove the battery before connecting the phone at step 3, and wait a little after you click the button, something like 5 seconds

Last edited:

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

i had the exactly same problem, you just need do keep trying, use "Nokia recovery tool"
the steps:
1 - open Nokia recovery tool
2 - click on the "My phone doesnt respond" button
3 - connect the phone when he ask you to
4 - wait and he will recognize your phone
try do restore, as you said ("But same thing happened after 3% it again failed"), it always give an error, BUUUUUT, everytime you try, the error is later at the progress, you will eventually get to 50%, when this happens, you will not get any error again

*everytime you try again, you will have to remove the battery and do all the process again (i know, its exhaustive, took me some hours to complete the process)

* you HAVE to use Nokia recovery tool, doesnt work with other programs

*remove the battery before connecting the phone at step 3, and wait a little after you click the button, something like 5 seconds

thanks for help.
Already tried.Nokia recovery tool doesnt support devices working on 8.1 and above.It just give error your phone is not supported.Thats why they released windows phone recovery tool.But it doesnt detects the phone.

snak251

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site

thanks for help.
Already tried.Nokia recovery tool doesnt support devices working on 8.1 and above.It just give error your phone is not supported.Thats why they released windows phone recovery tool.But it doesnt detects the phone.

are you sure that you are using the last version of nokia recovery tool? (i've used 5.0.5)

---- edit
my mistake, the name is Lumia recovery tool, sorry
version 5.0.7

xiphumbra

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

Same exact thing happened to my 520 while using WPRT. WPRT no longer sees the phone, and LSRT says my phone as unsupported. Taking out the battery, holding the power+vol-down, etc just doesn't work. Phone was fully charged prior to it dying.

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

are you sure that you are using the last version of nokia recovery tool? (i've used 5.0.5)

---- edit
my mistake, the name is Lumia recovery tool, sorry
version 5.0.7

Yes. I have tried LSRT(Lumia System recovery tool). It detects the phone but says phone is not supported.:(

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Same issue with my phone also! Lumia 520
exactly the same issue!
Somebody kindly help me.
And please let me know if I can get any help from Nokia service center!

I have same problem. Please let me know if you get any solution.
Thanks,
Vineeth.

Same here. Lumia 520 totally dead following Windows Phone Recovery Tool attempt to rollback to 8.1 from 10TP. Have tried most of the software solutions suggested to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I keep seeing the suggestion to bring it to a Nokia Care Center. I am in New Jersey. Does anyone know if there is a Nokia Care Center here? Would a Microsoft store be of any help? Thanks.
Ron.

I have the same problems.
Please windows help me!
tryied all and nothing !

My phone is absolutely dead now! None of the software is able to detect my phone!

have some problem here and until now my phone is that, is anyone here can help us?

What PC and Windows version did it work for you?
my phone is now stuck at blank screen
in device manager it shows QHUSB_DLOAD
have installed 3-4 versions of recovery (microsoft lumia, nokia, nokia retail ...) the nokia versions report device is in flash recovery mode, but neither of them can start flashing

Hi Abhishek
I tried this but it didnt work.
I guess issue is with windows phone recovery tool. Being new I think it doesnt have feature to detect dead Kartik I think you will find the post below will include reviving a dead phone option.phone as LSRT have. Since my phone is out of warranty period so I am taking my phone to a local technician today first for boot repair. Lets see what he has to say.I guess JTAG would be useful to repair boot.
Will provide you all with update asap.
I just wish Microsoft bring dead phone recovery feature for 8.x and above phones as it is present for WP8 or other nokia phones.

Just saying if you google How to flash a Lumia xda developers and you will find few tutorials on how to flash a (dead) phone using Nokia software recovery tool. The steps include patching the main software so you can download a version direct from the server, mainly you would need your product code which again if you are not sure where to find it can look it up on the net and use it and go step by step and you cant have any problems. Just make sure you have enough juice in you phone before starting the update as it may take sometime.
Hope your phones get well soon.
Cheers
P.S I have noticed that although this software mentioned above installs on all systems It workes for me on only a 64bit OS of windows and not a 32bit one.

Last edited:

Arpit Jain DS

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site

The same happened with my lumia 620.

And also I got a message by wprt that my battery was less than 25% battery.

Please help me...I don't wanna lose my phone..

Has anyone tried Nokia care suite?? I think it can detect dead phones...

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Has anyone tried Nokia care suite?? I think it can detect dead phones...

I got same message . Can anyone tell dead phone is able to charge battery or not ? if not then i should charge battery using external charger or try a new battery and then try to use WPRT.
Since low battery can be a cause of update failure.When i started updating, battery was around 60% . But it restarted 3 4 times.ANd since my phone is 2 years old I cannot rely on battery meter.It might be case that battery got low immediately

Kartik Kohli

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site

Just saying if you google How to flash a Lumia xda developers and you will find few tutorials on how to flash a (dead) phone using Nokia software recovery tool. The steps include patching the main software so you can download a version direct from the server, mainly you would need your product code which again if you are not sure where to find it can look it up on the net and use it and go step by step and you cant have any problems. Just make sure you have enough juice in you phone before starting the update as it may take sometime.
Hope your phones get well soon.
Cheers
P.S I have noticed that although this software mentioned above installs on all systems It workes for me on only a 64bit OS of windows and not a 32bit one.

Nokia recovery tools does not support our devices. Since all phones are 8.x . They release WPRT for these phones. ANd i have already downloaded all system files. No solution :(

Aziz Abdurachman

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site

I tried each and every software from nokia. Nothing worked.

Have you try NSU? You have not mention it that you have use it, did you?
Nokia Software Updater for Retail now available as the ultimate bricked phone rescuer - WMPoweruser
It's different from NokiaSRT , LumiaSRT & WPSRT.

Has anyone tried Nokia care suite?? I think it can detect dead phones..
No, nokia care suite only for phone prior to WP7. You can try my link provided above for Nokia Software Updater. It also work for my 620.
It can detect and recover dead phone.

Last edited:

Zuchit

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

Have you try NSU? You have not mention it that you have use it, did you?
Nokia Software Updater for Retail now available as the ultimate bricked phone rescuer - WMPoweruser
It's different from NokiaSRT , LumiaSRT & WPSRT.

No, nokia care suite only for phone prior to WP7. You can try my link provided above for Nokia Software Updater. It also work for my 620.
It can detect and recover dead phone.

Have you tried? Did it worked on your WPRT bricked phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte