My Lumia 520 bricked from recovery tool, how can I fix this?

zubair riaz

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 520 bricked from recovery tool

hey guys hope u all fine ... ...i need your help... i faced a problem on L520 i installed Windows 10 Tech preview and then was recovering it to 8.1 through Lumia recovery tool but it stuck on red screen and then all goes off .no wake up ..nothing phone bricked...:| what to do now?? i also tried Windows phone recovery tool but nothing happened.. now my question is my lumia permanently damaged or nokia care can resolve it by JTAG box like thing thanks,,,, please help me

lSsantos

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 bricked from recovery tool

Mine too. I was trying to revert back to 8.1 and my L520 did not wake up again.

henocksandy

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site

I tried to recover from Windows 10 to 8.1 using Windows Recovery tool. After download and install, it got stuck displaying "NOKIA". So i did a soft reset and hard reset together. I used power button and volume down button until it restarts. After it restarts, long press volume down button until an exclamation mark is shown, then press the following keys- volume up, volume down, power and volume down. This reset my phone and fixed it.

lSsantos

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I tried to recover from Windows 10 to 8.1 using Windows Recovery tool. After download and install, it got stuck displaying "NOKIA". So i did a soft reset and hard reset together. I used power button and volume down button until it restarts. After it restarts, long press volume down button until an exclamation mark is shown, then press the following keys- volume up, volume down, power and volume down. This reset my phone and fixed it.
Your problem isn't the same. Our phones do not even turn on.

rohithteja95

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

I had the same ISSUE with my phone(LUMIA 620).I tried with both LSRT and WPRT, none of them worked. LSRT at least showed that the device is not recognized. So, I gave my phone to NOKIA CARE and they said that they would try to reinstall the ROM if nothing else worked. So I'm waiting for the status of m phone. Did anyone with this problem try using NOKIA CARE SUITE? If so, please REPLY!............

zubair riaz

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site

brother how many chances are there that they got ROM reinstall on it? because we bricked our phone when Tech preview was installed not the 8.1.

lesterando

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site

I had the same ISSUE with my phone(LUMIA 620).I tried with both LSRT and WPRT, none of them worked. LSRT at least showed that the device is not recognized. So, I gave my phone to NOKIA CARE and they said that they would try to reinstall the ROM if nothing else worked. So I'm waiting for the status of m phone. Did anyone with this problem try using NOKIA CARE SUITE? If so, please REPLY!............

I tried to use nokia care suite, it didn't worked cuz need the vibration (power and volume - ) and our phones doesn't even turn on anymore...

KhawarNadeem

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site

hey guys hope u all fine ... ...i need your help... i faced a problem on L520 i installed Windows 10 Tech preview and then was recovering it to 8.1 through Lumia recovery tool but it stuck on red screen and then all goes off .no wake up ..nothing phone bricked...:| what to do now?? i also tried Windows phone recovery tool but nothing happened.. now my question is my lumia permanently damaged or nokia care can resolve it by JTAG box like thing thanks,,,, please help me

You should have listened to me and not installed it in the first place, Zubi. Yes, I found you on WC. And yes I will hijack your thread :3

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

zubair riaz

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
but our phones are no more alive and nokia suit doesn't detect them i tried it
Guys, if you haven't yet, try to use Nokia Care Suite. It might be more complex than Windows or Lumia Phone Recovery Tool, but I believe it's more robust and can do what other tools fail at. I just rolled back my 520 from WP10 to 8.1 and it worked flawlessly in less than 5 minutes.

Instructions on how to download and use NCS can be found here: [Tutorial] Flash (unbrand) Lumia devices | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums

MrGoodSmith

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
but our phones are no more alive and nokia suit doesn't detect them i tried it
so what happens if you remove the battery for 2 minutes then insert it back and turn on the phone? If you still get the Nokia logo then NCS probably doesn't need to detect the phone during the procedure to flash it, as long as you know the product code to download the correct files.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately this is the downside of pre-release software. Windows 10 for desktop bricked one of my hard drives. I can't restore it at all. Even though it was apparently an issue with PUIS bit. It's impossible to get it detected. But I got a new hard drive and went on. I think this is an opportunity to buy a 535 at least. It has 1 gig of ram which I think is going to become the minimum now. It makes sense. I mean how many android/ios devices have 512megs? I just use my 520 for playing around with. I recommend taking the opportunity to buy a nice new phone. Treat yourself :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb