05-25-2015 05:01 AM
38 12
tools
    hey guys hope u all fine ... ...i need your help... i faced a problem on L520 i installed Windows 10 Tech preview and then was recovering it to 8.1 through Lumia recovery tool but it stuck on red screen and then all goes off .no wake up ..nothing phone bricked...:| what to do now?? i also tried Windows phone recovery tool but nothing happened.. now my question is my lumia permanently damaged or nokia care can resolve it by JTAG box like thing thanks,,,, please help me
    lSsantos likes this.
    04-15-2015 11:00 AM
    Mine too. I was trying to revert back to 8.1 and my L520 did not wake up again.
    zubair riaz likes this.
    04-15-2015 12:15 PM
    did u try to have talk with nokia care?
    04-15-2015 01:16 PM
    Nope... Is your phone working again?
    04-15-2015 02:13 PM
    I tried to recover from Windows 10 to 8.1 using Windows Recovery tool. After download and install, it got stuck displaying "NOKIA". So i did a soft reset and hard reset together. I used power button and volume down button until it restarts. After it restarts, long press volume down button until an exclamation mark is shown, then press the following keys- volume up, volume down, power and volume down. This reset my phone and fixed it.
    04-15-2015 02:23 PM
    I tried to recover from Windows 10 to 8.1 using Windows Recovery tool. After download and install, it got stuck displaying "NOKIA". So i did a soft reset and hard reset together. I used power button and volume down button until it restarts. After it restarts, long press volume down button until an exclamation mark is shown, then press the following keys- volume up, volume down, power and volume down. This reset my phone and fixed it.
    Your problem isn't the same. Our phones do not even turn on.
    04-15-2015 02:32 PM
    I had the same ISSUE with my phone(LUMIA 620).I tried with both LSRT and WPRT, none of them worked. LSRT at least showed that the device is not recognized. So, I gave my phone to NOKIA CARE and they said that they would try to reinstall the ROM if nothing else worked. So I'm waiting for the status of m phone. Did anyone with this problem try using NOKIA CARE SUITE? If so, please REPLY!............
    Prasanta Parida likes this.
    04-15-2015 02:55 PM
    yes i handed over my phone to nokia care .i hope they can fix it
    Prasanta Parida likes this.
    04-15-2015 10:22 PM
    brother how many chances are there that they got ROM reinstall on it? because we bricked our phone when Tech preview was installed not the 8.1.
    04-15-2015 10:30 PM
    Waiting for the solution... same issue. :/
    #lumia520bricked
    04-16-2015 12:30 AM
    why all going back to 8.1, I after getting wp10tp ,get many problem, but I reset hard my phone , it work fine now. use it gently
    04-16-2015 01:28 AM
    now the question is should we wait for MS to release some tool for these bricked lumias or nokia care can handle them via JTAG ATF box.??
    04-16-2015 03:38 AM
    I had the same ISSUE with my phone(LUMIA 620).I tried with both LSRT and WPRT, none of them worked. LSRT at least showed that the device is not recognized. So, I gave my phone to NOKIA CARE and they said that they would try to reinstall the ROM if nothing else worked. So I'm waiting for the status of m phone. Did anyone with this problem try using NOKIA CARE SUITE? If so, please REPLY!............
    I tried to use nokia care suite, it didn't worked cuz need the vibration (power and volume - ) and our phones doesn't even turn on anymore...
    04-16-2015 06:18 AM
    hey guys hope u all fine ... ...i need your help... i faced a problem on L520 i installed Windows 10 Tech preview and then was recovering it to 8.1 through Lumia recovery tool but it stuck on red screen and then all goes off .no wake up ..nothing phone bricked...:| what to do now?? i also tried Windows phone recovery tool but nothing happened.. now my question is my lumia permanently damaged or nokia care can resolve it by JTAG box like thing thanks,,,, please help me
    You should have listened to me and not installed it in the first place, Zubi. Yes, I found you on WC. And yes I will hijack your thread :3
    04-16-2015 06:47 AM
    :(
    You should have listened to me and not installed it in the first place, Zubi. Yes, I found you on WC. And yes I will hijack your thread :3
    04-16-2015 08:37 AM
    hijack ka mtlb btana?? :D(account kasy hijack)
    04-16-2015 08:39 AM
    Guys, if you haven't yet, try to use Nokia Care Suite. It might be more complex than Windows or Lumia Phone Recovery Tool, but I believe it's more robust and can do what other tools fail at. I just rolled back my 520 from WP10 to 8.1 and it worked flawlessly in less than 5 minutes.

Instructions on how to download and use NCS can be found here: [Tutorial] Flash (unbrand) Lumia devices | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    04-16-2015 09:56 AM
    but our phones are no more alive and nokia suit doesn't detect them i tried it
    Guys, if you haven't yet, try to use Nokia Care Suite. It might be more complex than Windows or Lumia Phone Recovery Tool, but I believe it's more robust and can do what other tools fail at. I just rolled back my 520 from WP10 to 8.1 and it worked flawlessly in less than 5 minutes.

Instructions on how to download and use NCS can be found here: [Tutorial] Flash (unbrand) Lumia devices | Windows Phone 8 Development and Hacking | XDA Forums
    04-16-2015 10:11 AM
    but our phones are no more alive and nokia suit doesn't detect them i tried it
    so what happens if you remove the battery for 2 minutes then insert it back and turn on the phone? If you still get the Nokia logo then NCS probably doesn't need to detect the phone during the procedure to flash it, as long as you know the product code to download the correct files.
    pankaj981 likes this.
    04-16-2015 11:28 AM
    Unfortunately this is the downside of pre-release software. Windows 10 for desktop bricked one of my hard drives. I can't restore it at all. Even though it was apparently an issue with PUIS bit. It's impossible to get it detected. But I got a new hard drive and went on. I think this is an opportunity to buy a 535 at least. It has 1 gig of ram which I think is going to become the minimum now. It makes sense. I mean how many android/ios devices have 512megs? I just use my 520 for playing around with. I recommend taking the opportunity to buy a nice new phone. Treat yourself :D
    zubair riaz likes this.
    04-16-2015 12:34 PM
    hai all
    i am using nokia lumia 520..the problem i faced is ,recently i had upgraded from 8.1 to windows 10 preview where i am not satisfied with 10..i tried to reinstall 8.1 windows from windows recovery tool but the software was not installed properly and my phone turned to total dead and it is not working or ON at all..even i took my phone to nokia care but they didn't fix my problem and told me to change the mother board which cost around rs3000 where my hardware is perfect....please rectify my problem or fix my problem where i tried all types of methods like reboot with keys and turbo flash where my phone is not detecting and showing error like usb not detected or waiting for the device in windows recovery tool and flash turbo...
    04-17-2015 06:08 AM
    The fact is that the bricked phones can be fixed, but it will likely need a Nokia Care visit to reflash the signed bootloader.

Will be interesting to see how Microsoft deal with this issue.
    04-17-2015 08:08 AM
    hai all
    i am using nokia lumia 520..the problem i faced is ,recently i had upgraded from 8.1 to windows 10 preview where i am not satisfied with 10..i tried to reinstall 8.1 windows from windows recovery tool but the software was not installed properly and my phone turned to total dead and it is not working or ON at all..even i took my phone to nokia care but they didn't fix my problem and told me to change the mother board which cost around rs3000 where my hardware is perfect....please rectify my problem or fix my problem where i tried all types of methods like reboot with keys and turbo flash where my phone is not detecting and showing error like usb not detected or waiting for the device in windows recovery tool and flash turbo.
    04-17-2015 09:50 AM
    there are two situation possible----
    1. YOUR LUMIA IS ONLY SHOWING A RED SCREEN
    then go to nokia care centre, those people will install the windows phone 8.1 firmware on your device. they will definitely charge you some money whether your phone in warranty or not.

2.YOUR LUMIA DOES NOT EVEN LIGHTS UP(NO RESPONSE AT ALL)
    even then you have to visit NOKIA care centre. my lumia 520 suffered from same epidemic disease. I went to Nokia care point and those people replaced the motherboard of my lumia for 3000 INR (50 $). now, its healthy again and working like a new set.
    now OS is windows phone 8.1 obviously. my phone was OUT OF WARRANTY
    04-17-2015 11:12 AM
    there are two situations possible----
    1. YOUR LUMIA IS ONLY SHOWING A RED SCREEN
    then go to nokia care centre, those people will install the windows phone 8.1 firmware on your device. they will definitely charge you some money whether your phone in warranty or not.

2.YOUR LUMIA DOES NOT EVEN LIGHTS UP(NO RESPONSE AT ALL)
    even then you have to visit NOKIA care centre. my lumia 520 suffered from same epidemic disease. I went to Nokia care point and those people replaced the motherboard of my lumia for 3000 INR (50 $). now, its healthy again and working like a new set.
    now OS is windows phone 8.1 obviously. my phone was OUT OF WARRANTY
    zubair riaz likes this.
    04-17-2015 11:13 AM
38 12