Why are Older Photos assigned to photos newly added to sd card?

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
"Older Photos" assigned to photos newly added to sd card

Everytime I copy a folder with photos to my SD Card and go to the Photos app. These images are always labelled as "Older Photos" even though the date of the file is correct. But if I just put the images outside a folder, in the "Other Pictures", they appear as the latest photos just fine.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Older Photos" assigned to photos newly added to sd card

Just guessing here, but could it be that Windows Phone is using the creation/change date of the folder rather than the pictures to determine the date? You could try and rename the folder, so that the change date changes and see if it affects the sort order.

devlin525

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site

No luck at all. Newly created folder, rename it. Nothing works. Photos inside a newly added/created/copied folder are labelled "Older Photos". I also unchecked "Group my photos by location and time" but it didn't fix the problem. I can't organize my photos without making them labelled "Older Photos" in the Photos app.

EDIT: New screenshots are just arranged fine. Put in the latest.

EDIT2: Putting new photos inside old folders also works fine. Only photos inside new folders get messed up :/

Last edited:

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Well, let's hope the new universal photos app coming with Windows 10 will handle things differently. I've always had issues with date related sort orders in WP's pictures hub. Even with WP7.

anon(9226130)

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site

No luck at all. Newly created folder, rename it. Nothing works. Photos inside a newly added/created/copied folder are labelled "Older Photos". I also unchecked "Group my photos by location and time" but it didn't fix the problem. I can't organize my photos without making them labelled "Older Photos" in the Photos app.

EDIT: New screenshots are just arranged fine. Put in the latest.

EDIT2: Putting new photos inside old folders also works fine. Only photos inside new folders get messed up :/

Same here. Try to restart your phone. It worked for me sometimes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720