Can I get some help with my Lumia 520?

CaptainZexias

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Exclamation mark and volume issue

So i have a Nokia Lumia 520 and oh my god the issues this phone has given me! It is my first touch screen/modern phone, i have had it for 2 years, but i think it has finally broken now!
I won't list all of the problems i have had with it in these two years, but trust me, there is A LOT, but last night i went to bed on my phone watching YouTube as i always have done, and i woke up and my phone was dead, it usually isn't but it has happened before so i was fine, so i was charging it, went to wash my hair and came back, there is a huge exclamation mark on the screen and i have never seen it before! So i was concerned but hoped it would go away, it didn't so i turned my phone on and off, and it took a VERY long time to start up again but eventually did, but when it started, half the things on the screen were not loading and it was going very slow, so i took the battery in and out, same thing took forever to start, this time it loaded fine and i thought i fixed the issue, suddenly it vibrated and i noticed the volume thing that comes down from the top of the screen was there, so i pressed the back arrow, nothing, held it, nothing, so i turned it off, took the battery and the sim out, made sure everything was clean and clear in those areas and none of the buttons were protruding or had stuff on them, nothing, turned it back on, still did the same thing of switching between the "Nokia" screen and the "!" screen for a long time, but then the volume button was still stuck!
So at college i decided to reset my phone, and i thought it had worked as everyone was phone, but i was annoyed where i had done a full reset i had to lose everything on it, but nope, not even 10 seconds later the issue is back!
So i don't know what to do now, i haven't dropped it in water, i didn't sleep on it, it didn't over heat, i have took the battery in and out, i have turned the phone off by the power button, i have fully reset it, i have 100% checked everything is clean and clear, i feel like i have done literally everything i physically can, but I've got no where, but i just need help urgently as i have really and anxiety and depression, and i listen to my phone for music when walking outside and to go to sleep, and i just like people being able to contact me at all times, but with this issue, i no longer know what to do :/
So quick sum up haha, phone was stuck on Nokia then ! screen, everything crashed, turned on and off, volume in a constant going down, cleaned, taken batter out, full reset, turn off by the phone, done the lot, still happening, so if anyone can help I'd be seriously grateful, because honestly, i think i am stuck with this thing for 2 more years, but i am NEVER getting a Nokia or windows phone again, this has been awful from the start XD

CaptainZexias

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Exclamation mark and volume issue

Well as no one can be bothered to answer this, it seems waiting all day has HOPEFULLY done the trick!

CaptainZexias

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Yes it is thank you :) But i just give up with this piece of crap XD Honestly i have had SO many issues with it, but this? This is the icing on the cake, window phones, Nokia, augh, just a load of crap! I'll need to write down everything so future me doesn't risk going back to these phones forgetting how horrid it has been :')

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Sorry to hear about your experience with the Lumia 520, I must admit it is a low end device and has been around for a while, I would recommend an upgrade but does depend on your usage

CaptainZexias

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

Oh because I'm used to this whole new phone thing i had no idea haha, my dad said it was new and a good phone so i took it! But next time i am really going to read into it and be careful what phone i get, but i know someone who has a, god, i think it was a Nokia Lumia 1050 or something, they had the issues i had!

MSN555

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

I think 'volume down' button got stuck up. Hence the volume is going down and showing ' ! ' mark on the screen. Try to get it released or repaired if the phone is still not working. Surely it is a hard ware problem.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Westarmy

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Pretty dated we're now on Lumia 535 but it shouldn't be a bad experience if you do need any more help just post and we'll happily help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon