My files won't delete on sd card on my Lumia 520. seems like a virus. How can I get rid of it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

files wont delete on sd card in lumia 520. seems like a virus.

My SD card on the Lumia 520 has some folders and files in the "Documents" folder and it has occupied alot of space (5.5gb) and when I try to delete them, they wont delete. I have tried connecting my phone to the PC and deleting it form there but nothing shows up in the "Documents" folder there. I've checked for the hidden folders and files but that didn't help either nothing shows up. Only when you go to the SD card via the "files" app the unknown folders and files show up I don't know how to remove this potential virus or malware from my SD card? Help?

noersetiawan

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: files wont delete on sd card in lumia 520. seems like a virus.

Hello fellow 520 user.

Try to connect your SD card to your PC using card reader instead of via your phone, select 'show hidden files and folders' AND uncheck 'hide protected operating system files' in the Windows File Explorer. Most likely that your file/folder is not only marked 'hidden' but marked 'system' as well and if you can't see it if the card is connected via phone.

spch

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site

If you haven't yet try a soft reset. Press and hold volume down button and Power Button at the same time until the phone vibrates (~10 secs). After phone restarts try deleting the files.

furboll929

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site

i had this same issue a few weeks ago. I tried everything to no avail including putting the card in my tablet and trying to format it on that too. You can try SD formatter. It didn;t work for me and I was luck tha my card was still under warranty so PNY just sent me another one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss