Why isn't my hard reset working?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hard reset not working

Hi, i have a nokia lumia 520 and the battery fell out when the phone was locked for 1 minute and is now locked for over 200,000 minuets. This has happened before and i simply did a hard reset, but this time the hard reset wont work.
Any idea what to do?
Cheers

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hard reset not working

If the battery level is to low a hard reset will not start. (to prevent that halfway the reset your battery is empty).
So charge your phone and/or connect it to the charger when you do the button hard reset.

If you need more assistance please register and reply on this post.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Guess you tried a few times the "button" hard reset.
There is also an option to "erase" your phone if you login on your PC to The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States) and use the login credentials you use on your phone.
But you need to enable this on your phone under settings > find my phone so if you enabled this before you can try it.

If above still does not work you could try to use the Lumia or Windows Software Recovery Tool.
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...singleTopic%26topic%3DFA142987&token=dKQj18Bg

Not sure if below is helpful but just in case.
The 200xxx min wait is because your phone has now notbthe correct time and your SIM or network do not give automatically the correct time even if you set this in settings.
So if you set date and time on automatically you could try to insert a SIM card which supports the auto date and time or go to a know network which does this.

Nitin Singh 05

May 7, 2015
Visit site

Hi, I have Nokia Lumia 520. All of sudden, I can't use any application. Whenever I try to use any application (even if I open message or photos or videos or any other app), the phone automatically gets switch off and then switch on. I tried to do the hard reset by both the ways (by going to setting-about-reset and even hardware buttons that is volume up, volume down, power, volume down after exclamation sign) but it is not successful. The phone battery was full 100%. I even try windows software recovery tool but it is again unsuccessful. Then I try to erase my phone by going to Account.Microsoft.com/device - erase my phone but again no success. Please advise what to do now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs