Lumia 520 beeping when plugged in at night

bmay529

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone tell me why my Lumia 520 starts to beep every few minutes for no apparent reason when connected to mains during the night. The screen lights up following the beep. When I slide down the notifications there are none shown. Battery is about 70% but never full. WiFi and bluetooth are set. The mains connection seems fine and when I disconnect from mains the beeping stops. I have always charged my phone overnight at my bedside and for this reason am charging it overnight in my kitchen. Is there any option like flight mode that would only allow phone and text?

anon(9236402)

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
You could try Battery Saver, it can prevent stuff from running in the background, except for text and calls, so that sounds like what you're looking for.

bmay529

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Cheers. I set the battery saver slider to 'on' (it was off with "when battery is less than 20%" ticked) and plugged it into mains beside my bed overnight. True to form it started beeping after less than an hour. I turned off wifi and bluetooth and it still kept beeping every few mins so I disconnected it from mains and it stopped beeping. The battery was not fully charged and the battery saver slider had changed to 'off'

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I think you have somewhere a bad ""charging" contact.
This bleeping happens if charging start but due to a bad contact the charging stops but then starts again and with every start of charging you get this bleep.
Try another charger or use your pc or another USB cable.
If this still happens it is probably in the USB connector from your phone

bmay529

May 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Tried a different USB cable overnight and it seems to have solved the problem... at least I didn't hear any beeping... will try again tonight. Interesting, as I also use the first USB cable for other devices without apparent problems.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Good to hear that is seams to work. But problems with "sometimes bad" contacts are always difficult to "prove". Maybe the usb connector in your phone is the "problem" and the other USB cable just "fits" better.

Maybe you can use the old cable and connect it to the phone and move it around to "see" if you can "create" bad contact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa