Yesterday I was transferring a PDF from my pc to my nokia lumia 520 using ShareIt. app.... As soon as my phone received the file, it shut down.

It didnt boot again after that. After the nokia logo, following message is displayed

error unable to find bootable option. press any key to shut down

Please help me out... I tried holding volume down and power key....tried Lumia recovery tool too

on connection, new hardware is detected but the recovery tool fails to recognize it.... I tried holding volume down and power when connected to pc as well but didnt work.. I searched a variety of forums, all suggesting that motherboard fault! Replacement cost ₹3000! (Lumia 520 itself is priced at ₹7000 so its almost half the phone's cost..)

My phone is just 1 year and 9 months old!
    06-06-2015 01:32 AM
    Ditch windows phone and buy an iPhone instead
    06-06-2015 01:45 AM
    Ditch windows phone and buy an iPhone instead
    Haha, what a superb recommendation. The 520 was made primarily for budget conscious people.
    06-06-2015 02:58 AM
    Yesterday I was transferring a PDF from my pc to my nokia lumia 520 using ShareIt. app.... As soon as my phone received the file, it shut down.

It didnt boot again after that. After the nokia logo, following message is displayed

error unable to find bootable option. press any key to shut down

Please help me out... I tried holding volume down and power key....tried Lumia recovery tool too

on connection, new hardware is detected but the recovery tool fails to recognize it.... I tried holding volume down and power when connected to pc as well but didnt work.. I searched a variety of forums, all suggesting that motherboard fault! Replacement cost ₹3000! (Lumia 520 itself is priced at ₹7000 so its almost half the phone's cost..)

My phone is just 1 year and 9 months old!
    Unfortunately i think there is nothing much you can do. Probably get another second hand 520 or the 640.
    06-06-2015 03:00 AM
    Actually i had plans to buy a new lumia, but i thought to buy it after the release of windows 10 for phones..
    Presently none of the lumia phones is appearing to be nice... A big turn off for me in the newer phones is the soft(virtual) navigation buttons... @640 I might give it a thought...i dont think ms would be releasing any phone with hard navigation keys...

For the time being i m trying to repair my 520 on my own.. I dont trust nokia care...very poor service. So i need inputs from anyone who has fixed this issue...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
    06-06-2015 05:21 AM
    I m seeing many recent posts with similar error..this issue appears to be quite common...also it makes me think buying a wp might not be a good decision... I didnt know that windows phones can get bricked this way...all of a sudden!! I was not using any dev preview or insider's version... It was denim!

06-06-2015 05:25 AM
    I hate iphone. I have slight confusion between going for wp or android..
    I have always bought a nokia till now... never used android. The only reason that makes me think of going for some android is sudden bricking of my lumia like this..but if i do that all my app purchases on windows store would also go waste.. I own good number of premium apps and games.. I m comfused.

06-06-2015 05:33 AM
    it makes sense to go for another low-end or used one ,No ? you would save money and you can save your premiums . Just a thought!!
    06-06-2015 05:56 AM
    I wont buy a second hand phone...never!! Makes no sense to do so when newer ones are so cheap.. Its better to buy a cheap nokia asha if budget is a constraint.
    I can consider only lumia 640 among the present lumias...makes no sense to buy a 520 again!

06-06-2015 06:12 AM