Why won't my Lumia 520 boot?

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 520 won't boot! Please help!

Yesterday I was transferring a PDF from my pc to my nokia lumia 520 using ShareIt. app.... As soon as my phone received the file, it shut down.:unhappysweat:

It didnt boot again after that. After the nokia logo, following message is displayed

error unable to find bootable option. press any key to shut down

Please help me out... I tried holding volume down and power key....tried Lumia recovery tool too

on connection, new hardware is detected but the recovery tool fails to recognize it.... I tried holding volume down and power when connected to pc as well but didnt work.. I searched a variety of forums, all suggesting that motherboard fault! Replacement cost ₹3000! (Lumia 520 itself is priced at ₹7000 so its almost half the phone's cost..)

My phone is just 1 year and 9 months old!:unhappysweat:

vsmh96

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 520 won't boot! Please help!

Yesterday I was transferring a PDF from my pc to my nokia lumia 520 using ShareIt. app.... As soon as my phone received the file, it shut down.:unhappysweat:

It didnt boot again after that. After the nokia logo, following message is displayed

error unable to find bootable option. press any key to shut down

Please help me out... I tried holding volume down and power key....tried Lumia recovery tool too

on connection, new hardware is detected but the recovery tool fails to recognize it.... I tried holding volume down and power when connected to pc as well but didnt work.. I searched a variety of forums, all suggesting that motherboard fault! Replacement cost ₹3000! (Lumia 520 itself is priced at ₹7000 so its almost half the phone's cost..)

My phone is just 1 year and 9 months old!:unhappysweat:

Unfortunately i think there is nothing much you can do. Probably get another second hand 520 or the 640.

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Actually i had plans to buy a new lumia, but i thought to buy it after the release of windows 10 for phones..
Presently none of the lumia phones is appearing to be nice... A big turn off for me in the newer phones is the soft(virtual) navigation buttons... @640 I might give it a thought...i dont think ms would be releasing any phone with hard navigation keys...

For the time being i m trying to repair my 520 on my own.. I dont trust nokia care...very poor service. So i need inputs from anyone who has fixed this issue...

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

I m seeing many recent posts with similar error..this issue appears to be quite common...also it makes me think buying a wp might not be a good decision... I didnt know that windows phones can get bricked this way...all of a sudden!! I was not using any dev preview or insider's version... It was denim!

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

I hate iphone. I have slight confusion between going for wp or android..
I have always bought a nokia till now... never used android. The only reason that makes me think of going for some android is sudden bricking of my lumia like this..but if i do that all my app purchases on windows store would also go waste.. I own good number of premium apps and games.. I m comfused.

hiya15

May 23, 2015
Visit site

it makes sense to go for another low-end or used one ,No ? you would save money and you can save your premiums . Just a thought!!

instantk

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I wont buy a second hand phone...never!! Makes no sense to do so when newer ones are so cheap.. Its better to buy a cheap nokia asha if budget is a constraint.
I can consider only lumia 640 among the present lumias...makes no sense to buy a 520 again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium