Zombie Lumia 520

blast Ast

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
My 520 is stuck on a boot loop for 2.5 months now. It seems the boot loop is here to stay and i either have to call it bricked or get it repaired. Warranty expired just after the problem appeared and Microsoft says it's not our problem, pay to have it fixed. In EU, we are entitled to 24 months warranty from the manufacturer.

I was having a good experience with my Windows Phone, fast, simple, compatible. It seems though it was made to last just two years. It was not cheap, i paid 200 euros, nor expensive. If i had given more they would probably have seen me in person in their local headquarters by now. I'm still skeptical whether to call it dead and buy a new smart phone (not necessarily a Windows Phone) or further pursue my rights. Evidently, i didn't ruin my Lumia nor it is past its working date. It's defective. A defective car is not "other people's problem" is the manufacturer's. If Microsoft screwed up and made a faulty product (probably through an update), they must propose a solution.

blast Ast

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
I have tried everything.
First the Nokia Software Recovery Tool.
Then the Lumia Recovery tool.
Then the Microsoft Recovery Tool.
Just (re)tried the Microsoft Device Recovery Tool.

Why don't they remove the Recovery word from the titles?

Of course the phone does not respond to hard reset. Up to now i possibly have tried 50 times to hard reset with no result. It does not return to factory settings. If i remove an app in the short time after i switch it on until it reboots, the app is again there after it boots.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion