Lumia 520 doesn't work

Patrik Sopko

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
One of my friends gave me her Lumia 520 because it was broken. I don't know where is the problem but the phone does not start, it doesn't vibrate, nothing is shown on screen, like dead phone. I tried to replace battery, nothing has changed.
When I connect it to PC it installs some universal drivers. I wanted to flash it, first I tried to use Windows device recovery tool but it didn't find my phone, for some reason it showed Lumia 620 (there was 620 before). So I tried do flash it with Nokia care studio but it always said to pres and hold power and volume down button and retry.
Is there anything I can do? Do you have any idea? Thanks

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
It may have gotten water damage and therefore unable to power on because of that. As in shorted out on the inside.

It's difficult to tell if you don't know the full history of the phone. If your friend can tell you the details about how it came to stop working, that may assist in figuring out what is wrong with it.

Patrik Sopko

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
OK, so she tells that she was listening to music and the phone just restarted. It showed a message "Unable to find a bootable option. Press any key to shut down". So she did it, and same thing happened twice. Then there was just blank screen. Phone has never dropped down or had water damage. But the phone wasn't new when she bought it so who knows..

satish challapalli

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Dear All,

Today it is Diwali Festival in India (The festival of lighting ).

The lightning which i was expecting from my Dead Lumia 1320 has be recover today finally.

Unlike others i also faced the Dead Phone which was not responding to any Hard/Soft Reset and what not While downgrading from Wind10.

Finally i landed to a post where the deailed steps helped me to recover my dead phone to a working phone.

Here is the link which i used and already someone pasted in this forum.

myownsteps com/2015/05/fix-your-hardbricked-lumia-phones-only

Initially when i saw this link felt like its too much to do and the steps are too mess more technical(But not completely trust me). When there is no option left for me to recover my dead phone . With a great patience i followed the steps from above link.It worked and my phone is back on track.

Thanks All.
BR
Satish

Charles Brown8

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
It's worth a shot.. Microsoft recovery tool would not detect my Icon with the Vol down power button vibrate cycle. So after the phone vibrated I pressed the power button a couple of times and my icon was detected. Press vol up and power button > vibrate > press power button couple times. Phone detected, software downloaded. Had to repeat this so my phone was redetected to flash it.

I do not know if this will work for you but it put me back on 8.1 so I could reinstall 10.

Luck to you.

Patrik Sopko

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
My phone doesn't vibrate, it doesn't make anything. It's recognized as qhusb_dload. Windows device recovery tool doesn't recognize it and Lumia 520 is not on the list of devices in WPRT. I think it's because 520 is old device..

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
My phone doesn't vibrate, it doesn't make anything. It's recognized as qhusb_dload. Windows device recovery tool doesn't recognize it and Lumia 520 is not on the list of devices in WPRT. I think it's because 520 is old device..

Try wpinternals.May be your phone as switched to mass storage mode.

Patrik Sopko

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I tried to flash the phone using thor2 but with every attempt I got error that memory in my phone is broken (I don't remember text of the error)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos