Weather app

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I'm having this problem since a year now. Please take a look at the screenshots below:

wp_ss_20151127_0002.pngwp_ss_20151127_0003.png

The Weather app shows my location some 250 kms away from my present position. I believe that this problem is only around a particular radius around my home. Because, if I travel to some other place, it updates just fine, but whenever I return to my place, it just stays stuck at the previously updated location. I don't know if I've elaborated my statement well, please suggest some answers.

Thank you.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Are you indoors or outdoors when the app tries to determine your location?

Try stepping outside and try to let the app determine your location.

If your indoors, your phone can't use GPS so it resorts to at least two other methods: cellular triangulation or ip-address-based locations. There's a chance that the determined location will be wrong if, for example, one of the cellular towers has a wrong assignment or if your router or modem has a wrong ip-address assignment.

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I'm indoors but the location is accurate 69m. I think this accuracy is more than enough.

Now since you suggested, I tried stepping out and couldn't get any better results. I am sure that this problem only exists on my device in my locality. Do you have any idea why, by chance?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried deleting those locations from the weather app, or reinstalling the app? I got a similar bug before, but the location anomaly wasn't as far as yours.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Yes, that's correct.

So, just to clarify: the weather app is not showing "Current Location" but only "Home Location", but your "Home Location" is your actual current location, right? If so, then that's normal. Once you move to another location, you should see "Current Location" displayed already. It seems that, by default, the first location the weather app identifies becomes labelled as the Home Location. But when you move to another location, all other succeeding locations will be shown under Current Location. Once that happens, you should be able to choose which of those locations will be your new Home Location.

rishabk97

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
the weather app is not showing "Current Location" but only "Home Location", but your "Home Location" is your actual current location, right?
Not like that, it catches my current location correctly when I'm outside "Chennai, India". It doesn't recognizes my current location when I am actually at "Chennai, India".

It used to work fine before, the way it should have worked, with the location icon overlapped on the home icon.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm in Windows 10 Mobile now, so I can't remember if it is possible to delete the "Home Location". Try that next time you're in Chennai.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers