Can I recover the data from my Lumia 520 which is in factory reset mode?

ahumancookiee

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site
Can i recover The data from my lumia 520 which is in factory reset mode

Basically i was getting an error when trying to install twitter so i looked up a solution which said to restart the phone, coming from apple device i thought i would hard restart it (on an iphone hard restarts are literally shutting the phone off by holding the power and home buttons for 10 seconds) but i did not realise a hard restart on other devices actually means a factory reset, now i have got to the stage where the phone displays the cog icons, obviously it is trying to wipe all my data and fresh install the firmware, but i pulled the battery out before it could progress, i was playing round with windows device recovery earlier to try and restore the device but it also mentions that i will loose all my data so was wondering if there is a way of stopping the factory wipe or at the very least backup and recover my data (photos mainly)?

thanks for reading

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can i recover The data from my lumia 520 which is in factory reset mode

Unfortunately there is no way to revert out of it now. In fact pulling out the battery during the reset process could have permanently bricked (damaged) your device. Connect your phone to Windows Device Recovery Tool and let it finish wiping the data off so at least you have a usable phone.

Things to note:
1) If you had automatic pictures upload ON then there might be a possibility that all your pictures might have been saved on OneDrive
2) If you had configured your pictures to be stored on the memory card then that still stays intact during the hard reset
3) Hard Reset on the iPhone is the same as Erasing the phone completely. What you thought off (or might have read incorrectly on an article) is called Soft Reset or Force Restart

ahumancookiee

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

ok, thanks for letting me know, sorry i have always referred to it as a hard reset and i think other people make the same mistake (uk.ign.com/wikis/iphone/Hard_Reset) you have to add the hypertext transfer protocal bit seperate as i am not allowed to post links.
i dont know if auto upload was on, but there were no expansion cards installed.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

ok, thanks for letting me know, sorry i have always referred to it as a hard reset and i think other people make the same mistake (uk.ign.com/wikis/iphone/Hard_Reset) you have to add the hypertext transfer protocal bit seperate as i am not allowed to post links.
i dont know if auto upload was on, but there were no expansion cards installed.

Make sure you not always believe what comes up in the first search link (came up for me yesterday before I posted my comment above).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo