I've got a Lumia 520, which I bought in January 2014.

When I first got the phone, the internet sharing feature was working properly. However, since about 2015, when I connect to internet sharing, the internet stops working randomly even though it still says "On" on the Internet Sharing screen on the phone. The amount of time it takes for the connection to stop varies. Sometimes it stops after just a few minutes, other times it takes about 30-40 minutes. To get the connection back on again, I have to go to the Internet Sharing screen on the phone and turn it off then turn it back on again, then also re-connect to the network on my laptop.

I know this isn't a network problem because when it happens, the internet still works okay on my phone itself, but not via tethering.

I was wondering how do I roll-back to a previous version of the OS? When I goto the About screen on my phone it says "Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update". Could rolling back to Windows Phone 8.0 fix the problem?

Any advice. Thanks.
    07-23-2016 03:16 PM
    I've got a Lumia 520, which I bought in January 2014.

When I first got the phone, the internet sharing feature was working properly. However, since about 2015, when I connect to internet sharing, the internet stops working randomly even though it still says "On" on the Internet Sharing screen on the phone. The amount of time it takes for the connection to stop varies. Sometimes it stops after just a few minutes, other times it takes about 30-40 minutes. To get the connection back on again, I have to go to the Internet Sharing screen on the phone and turn it off then turn it back on again, then also re-connect to the network on my laptop.

I know this isn't a network problem because when it happens, the internet still works okay on my phone itself, but not via tethering.

I was wondering how do I roll-back to a previous version of the OS? When I goto the About screen on my phone it says "Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update". Could rolling back to Windows Phone 8.0 fix the problem?

Any advice. Thanks.
    you could roll back but I would suggest you try a factory reset first. This will wipe out the data so do a backup first
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-25-2016 12:42 AM
    you could roll back but I would suggest you try a factory reset first. This will wipe out the data so do a backup first
    I've done a hard reset of the phone already, but it didn't fix the problem.

Do you know what date the Windows Phone 8.1 Update was released?
    07-25-2016 06:44 AM
    different updates were released at different times for different models for different regions - it would be impossible for me to know when that update was released for your phone in your country
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-25-2016 07:33 AM
    It is somewhat complicated but you can go to lumiafirmware.com and find your specific device model and region, choose an older firmware, download the huge file and flash that to the phone.
    RumoredNow and Chintan Gohel like this.
    07-25-2016 01:21 PM