I am trying to help a relative transfer 200+ contacts from an old windows phone to a new device. The windows phone (Nokia Lumia 520) supposedly automatically syncs contacts, email etc. with a Microsoft Account.

Except this does not happen for this particular phone/account. In the settings menu, under 'email + account' in the linked Microsoft account, the only available field is that for email, unlike in this image: https://imgur.com/a/rZ4Xg from a tutorial video, where there are three: email, contacts, calendar. I can add other accounts - to gmail, outlook etc. and these have all three options available, however nothing is actually transferred to them when I sync the phone. I have installed the windows phone application for desktop pc's (https://hanoltech.wordpress.com/2014...p-for-desktop/) and connected the phone to it. However, the program only finds music, photos etc. which are available though a regular file explorer. The contacts are still missing.

The microsoft account (which is registered with an external email address) has a small number of contacts, most likely linked via Skype. Adding a different microsoft account to the phone is not an option since this would require a reset which would wipe the contacts.

Does anyone know if this is a phone issue or a problem with the particular microsoft account?

Is there any way to backup the contacts circumventing the microsoft account issue?

Any help would be appreciated.
    07-31-2017 02:33 PM
    08-01-2017 03:09 PM