windows insider is not working in lumia 520

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Honestly, I wasn't even aware that the insider program is still running for Windows 10 mobile. I'd be shocked if there was still a W10 Mobile insider program.

The last I heard the OS is in basic system security support mode. In fact, I think even basic support ends in 2019.

Insider programmes only exist when new operating system features need to be tested, and there's absolutely zero chance of any new features ever coming to W10 mobile....ever. The operating system was officially abandoned by Microsoft about a year ago, hence the reason there are no new Windows 10 Mobile phones in the market.

The good news, potentially, is that Microsoft is apparently working on a new mobile form factor called Andromeda. In simple terms, this is supposed to be full Windows 10, but built specifically for smaller screens, tablets, folding devices, etc.

Apparently, it'll have some of the best parts of Windows Mobile 7, 8 and 10 built into it, but won't be sold as a mobile phone. Apparently, it'll be marketed as more of a high-end ultra mobile PC with a phone stack built into the OS.

I use the word apparently a lot because this device was supposed to launch in 2018 and has already been pushed back a year. Microsoft has never even formally announced that it exists, and there's every chance they could cancel it.

More info here: https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-andromeda-everything-we-know-so-far

Sorry, I got off track. Short answer, I don't believe an insider programme still exists for W10M.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa