Lumia 521 be available when?

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Out in May. I can try this without it costing an arm and a leg. If this and Tmobile's prepaid 5gb $30 plan works out I will drop my landline.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the correction, I have edited. :)

Although with HTC stealing parts from the Lumia line for their Android offerings, maybe it isn't such a slip up. :)

lol yah. HTC "just so happens to" use a proprietary microphone that is licensed to nokia in their new flagship phone. >.>

I wonder if the Lumia 521 will be out at all. Maybe it will make it in may as originally rumored if it doesn't appear sometime today.

I wonder if it was pushed to the 29th, since the S4 was pushed to the 29th and the BBQ10 will be made available for register to business customers that date too (if rumor is correct). Could of gotten pushed with all the date changes and upcoming phones.

AUCLABruin

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Seems af if this is the day store prepare to receive it, not to sell. Disappointment to those who have been waiting for a different flavor of WP8 on T-Mo.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Tmo originally said May. I just checked their press site and nothing has changed. I think you could be right, in that perhaps today leaked because they just received stock and marketing material? Perhaps. Anyway, May is just around the corner.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Soooo, apparently the 521 is going up for sale on hsn this weekend. Interesting approach

Its during innovation weekend, and I guess it could help boost awareness of the device and Windows Phone...

Either that or Samsung & LG have phones on the show too (the same day, according to HSN for Windows 8, there is Innovation Event: Samsung and Innovation Event: LG. Nokia isn't even listed, most likely bundled under Innovation Event: On the go or Innovation Event: Stay Connected)

I am surprised at the cost though. Euro to USD conversion, the cost of the 520 before taxes and subsidies was $180.01. I was expecting a $200 price point. The fact that its only $150 is delightful, making it an easier goal to save up for. :)

Last edited:

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Its during innovation weekend, and I guess it could help boost awareness of the device and Windows Phone...

Either that or Samsung & LG have phones on the show too (the same day, according to HSN for Windows 8, there is Innovation Event: Samsung and Innovation Event: LG. Nokia isn't even listed, most likely bundled under Innovation Event: On the go or Innovation Event: Stay Connected)

I am surprised at the cost though. Euro to USD conversion, the cost of the 520 before taxes and subsidies was $180.01. I was expecting a $200 price point. The fact that its only $150 is delightful, making it an easier goal to save up for. :)
Not even weekend, its already out on HSN. check hsn.com

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Not even weekend, its already out on HSN. check hsn.com

From what I made out in the video, its a pre-release release. the display in the video background says "INNOVATION EVENT Preview" and the guy in the video said he didn't know if the device would make it to the main event tomorrow w/o selling out.

Last edited:

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I may have family helping pay for this till I get paid. Ive been half way through the checkout all day (hoping it will go through later) but babysitting at the moment so cant discuss it with them. ;w;

I hope it counted my incomplete purchase. Id hate for me to get through the checkout to see "sold out"" or some cannot complete error. HSN's flexpay thing is what I need (cause I cant afford everything up front, and am on a prepaid plan, so I cant do T-Mobiles payment plan)

UPDATE: Family cant help. I cant get it. ;w;

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss