Any HSN buyers get a shipping notice yet?

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
My order got canceled for seemingly no reason - have posted another thread for a new deal from Walmart for $129.99.

My shipment was "in" Maryland for days, but I'm sure it was just on the truck the last three days. Now I got a Saturday scan that it's in So Cal (me too!). Monday it'll most likely be "out for delivery". Stoked!

PeltFrelken

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
USPS tracking is terrible. I guess they make up for it with speed and free Saturday delivery. Priority Mail is faster than UPS or FedEx Ground. Even First Class Mail sometimes is as quick as Priority, but not always.

I rarely bash the postal service because they're completely understaffed and overworked, however you are right, I don't know why they even bother with tracking numbers. They never say anything when you look them up on the site. Puzzling.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Mine is Out for Delivery, I may get it this morning before I go to work, but, most likely since this is UPS. Home Delivery are done until end of day. So it will be waiting for me when I get home after work..

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I rarely bash the postal service because they're completely understaffed and overworked, however you are right, I don't know why they even bother with tracking numbers. They never say anything when you look them up on the site. Puzzling.

Yeah they only seem to update it once a day.

WatchBasic

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I ordered my phone on the 28th of April, and by the 30th, HSN emailed me with a tracking number and shipping confirmation. Since then, however, I haven't been updated about anything and the tracking number doesn't work. I can't imagine that UPS has been shipping my package for the past week, but who knows. I called HSN to see if they had any more information, and they did not. I found that pretty surprising. I'm not really in a rush to get the phone, but they kind of advertised it on HSN as a early deal. Yet here I am, in the dark about when I can expect my phone, as May 11th (when it hits stores) gets closer and closer haha. I'm kind of bummed about the whole situation, but if this is my biggest problem today, things aren't so bad. I'm just happy I found this thread.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm worried mine wont arrive. Based on UPS' shipping time calculator, it should of arrived either Friday or today. Granted there's still 4 hours for them to deliver it today, but they rarely deliver in the afternoon here at my address (its usually in the morning). I called UPS to see if they could get any information on my package through alternate means, and they told me they have to have the tracking number to find it, and if HSN hasn't gotten themselves or given me a working number, then I cant know where its at. I've had address problems before, so I am worried it wont even arrive.

If I don't get it ill get HSN to refund me somehow and then go to one of my local walmart's and buy it for $20 less. (I found a local walmart with "limited stock")

Im tired of waiting for this phone ;w;

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Appears HSN has stopped selling them, I looked and no where to be found on site anymore, unless you search of course. still out of stock has well..

glad I ordered mine when I did,

mine arrived, already unboxed it but going to wait till tommorrow to play around with it.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, HSN just tonight made the tracking number "valid", despite customer service saying that the same number doesn't work. oddly, it shows shipping billed the 30th. Nothing else. Not a single stop, as if its just been picked up. There is NO way that it sat in a mailbox or UPS store waiting to be shipped for an ENTIRE week. Unless...

They lied about shipment to appear as if they followed through with their "item is guaranteed to ship within 24 - 48 hours". I was curious, so on UPS' track site, I clicked "track by reference". Typed in my order number listed on the order details page on HSN and entered my zip code. A few days ago this didn't work, but today... Guess what I found:
Screenshot (24).png

Now what are the odds someone else is getting an item shipped to the same exact city with the same exact order id as me shipping from a city a few towns over from a HSN warehouse in Virginia (according to Wikipedia)?

From what I can gather, it seems maybe HSN printed a label to appear "shipped". My guess is those who bought the device after the initial 400 were not actually in stock, so they were being shipped from Nokia as I initially thought. And since tomorrow is the day that HSN said it should arrive by or before, they shipped it Next Day Air when it arrived state side to make sure it arrived when hsn "said" it would.

This would explain:
The invalid number &
No arrival Friday or today, despite UPS' calculated shipping time being 3 business days
Billing info being the only thing listed on the tracking number by HSN, despite being a week since shipping.

I may be wrong, but the evidence is pointing towards this theory.

WatchBasic

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Well my UPS number was also updated. Unfortunately, it hasn't even hit a shipping facility yet according to the UPS and HSN websites, only that a label has been created. I think I'm going to return the item once I get it, because I bought it thinking it was a short time deal and that I would benefit from picking it up. HSN, however, made sure I had a long time to think about the purchase while leaving me in the dark. It's been a week and a half, and the only thing I know about the transaction is that they took my money. With everything else, I'm in the dark. They don't deserve my money, even if it didn't cost that much.

jpm1532

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Looks like t- mobile/nokia are redirecting their inventory to complete the orders. I ordered two phones, the earlier order number from 4/26 is not here, but the second one came in last Friday. So much for ordering early, lol.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Well my UPS number was also updated. Unfortunately, it hasn't even hit a shipping facility yet according to the UPS and HSN websites, only that a label has been created. I think I'm going to return the item once I get it, because I bought it thinking it was a short time deal and that I would benefit from picking it up. HSN, however, made sure I had a long time to think about the purchase while leaving me in the dark. It's been a week and a half, and the only thing I know about the transaction is that they took my money. With everything else, I'm in the dark. They don't deserve my money, even if it didn't cost that much.
go to UPS: Tracking Information and click track by refrence.
under shipping refrence, copy and paste your order number from HSN's order details page.
Select United States as country and enter your zip code
Click track

It should find your package. Note that its a different tracking number (Nokia and HSN had a tracking number mix up, so technically the numbers shouldn't be even working that HSN gave us.)

mine is "out for delivery" :)

vincelac

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I called HSN about the shipping label being shown as just being printed today. I was told its part of the error and to expect it either today or tomorrow. The whole thing is odd, the woman I spoke to even said it. They were very apologetic. Im in NJ so on hoping I get it today. WP7.5 on my focus is getting old quick. I have a bad power button and an unresponsive camera button, haha.

But alas, most people who have it seem to enjoy it. Good things come to those who wait for HSN to get it together!

Edit: it left my local UPS at 7:09 today.

Last edited: