ExpanSys Nokia 521

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That seems to be Locked phone. I would be surprised if they would be selling unlocked T-Mobile phones on release day...
The unlocking restrictions in the US suck. Hope Canada won’t follow.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
This isn't worth it. especially because in 8 days you can get it at walmart for $150 and have T-Mobile unlock it. Expansys seems to charge a lot for Nokia devices.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Some ppl don't know that it is only $150 off contract... I hope ppl read this thread first! They have to pay for warehouse costs, employee salaries, insurance, etc. The thing is that it is worth it in my opinion, but others may not do their pricing research like us! :)

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
How long time after activating it would T-Mobile unlock it?

The last time i read, its different time periods for different customers. Anywhere from 40 days to 18 months- depending on your status as a customer, if the device is paid in full, if you're an international traveler, etc. I think the rules changed a bit with the new uncarrier plans. You would also need to fax them proof of purchase. Go to their website to see more details. :)

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Looks difficult to get one unlocked by TMo if one does not live in the US.
Does TMo charge for the code? Rogers charges here $50, while Wind only 10.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Looks difficult to get one unlocked by TMo if one does not live in the US.

Oh, I'm not familiar with T-Mobile's rules for unlocking in other countries...sorry. But I'm sure its all on the web. :)

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

if you are not in the us then get the 520 (unless you are in one of those places with the odd 1700AWS frequency, then I understand)

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Expansys usually is a little more expensive than other places.

I'm sure we'll see the 521 in a bunch of other places like Ebay after it goes on sale in places like Wal-Mart

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Expansys usually is a little more expensive than other places.

I'm sure we'll see the 521 in a bunch of other places like Ebay after it goes on sale in places like Wal-Mart

if its goes for anything like the other lumias on ebay, a.r.v. doesn't mean anything, expect higher pricing (unless its used).

Last time I looked for a lumia on ebay, a WP7 lumia device was over a hundred, 620 was more than Expansys.

Last edited:

Napocensis

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
if you are not in the us then get the 520 (unless you are in one of those places with the odd 1700AWS frequency, then I understand)

Yes, the 1700 AWS is the magic number. Providing you remain within the city limits (Home network), you can get unlimited data, voice, text, caller ID, VM, for just over $30, from either Wind or Mobilicity. Both Wind and Mobi use the AWS frequency.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss