Deal Alert: Lumia 521 @ Walmart for $129.99 - Free ship to store

essinger

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
now I feel cheated. I paid $150 at HSN,:

Shouldn't be all that bad. Where I live sales tax would have added another $10 to the price. Add a few more bucks for shipping. I'd probably pay $3 for the charger and a dollar for the screen protector. Then you add the free financing with HSN's flexpay and I'd call it a wash.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't be all that bad. Where I live sales tax would have added another $10 to the price. Add a few more bucks for shipping. I'd probably pay $3 for the charger and a dollar for the screen protector. Then you add the free financing with HSN's flexpay and I'd call it a wash.

I think the charger and screen protector are useless.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
following on from the above post... you can search in-store inventory / availability...
Search for 0061021463207

Then enter your zip code for the in store availability check... i have a couple in houston close to me... might have to go take a look :)

Last edited:

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
following on from the above post... you cna search in-store inventgory / availability...
Search for 0061021463207

Then enter your zip code for the in store availability check... i have a couple in houston close to me... might have to go take a look :)

They look to be selling again given Slickdeals.

These things are going like hot cakes.

Not surprising given the amazing price out of contract!

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I set my daughter's 521 we bought today against my 810, a bit smaller and lighter. Not bad looking and the price without contract, yeah, very respectable.WP_20130506_011.jpg The final result after setting it up...

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Got one today. It's pretty nice for the price. Wifi, bluetooth, glove-touchable screen (resistive layer on top of capacitive?). Speaker is really loud. OS is fast of course. Screen is plastic and attracts MEGA fingerprints. You will need to wipe it every few minutes. No flash or front camera. They have a white backplate. HSPA+ on T-Mo is blazing fast. Has internet sharing. Overall, a nice foray into WP8 (I'm a Nexus 4 ******). Barely got it - they didn't want to sell it to me, but I asked them to ring it up and see if it worked. It did. Hey, it's a very cheap Nokia Drive GPS if nothing else!

I'm happy! Good little backup phone. Pairs perfectly with my T-Mo $30 SIM (while my ATT Straight Talk SIM is in my N4). The cheap for the masses trojan horse MSFT needs - they have it! This thing will be out of stock forever. The cashier was stunned at the price. Good luck.

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, will the 521 work with the TMO sim card that I currently have or will it only work for the prepaid plan? I'm pretty sure it will work but I just want to make sure.

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Nice, thanks! I've located some Walmarts around here that have limited stock according to their website, so I will see if I can manage to nab one!

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I got one. Wrote down the stock number and took it to the store. They found it in a new stock box on the floor. It had just come in.

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I just got an e-mail saying my phone is being shipped to the store via FedEx. Should arrive Friday. I'll just wait for that rather than try to pick one up now (if there is any in the back storeroom) and trying to deal with cancelling my in-store pickup order.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss