Deal Alert: Lumia 521 @ Walmart for $129.99 - Free ship to store

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
@zukirin - let us know if you find one

No luck for me...I asked about 3 people to look up the ups and all of them directed me to the prepaid section saying if its not there then they dont have it, and if they don't have it there is nothing to look up. :\ Should I just go in and ask them to look up the ups number without hinting that its a phone or what?

wiseguywood

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Show this number 0061021463207, but of course, you have to find someone who actually will do it. We had no hassles getting one. Keep trying. Local stock levels here look to be about the same as they were yesterday, so they are still out there.

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Went to another store and managed to get one! Surprisingly they already had it on the floor and it was labeled as Flame Lumia 521 or something along those lines. It was the last one too.

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Just picked mine up and setting it up now.

Very first impressions:

* Amazing hand feel - thin, light and compacy
* Beautiful screen although the surface is not nearly as 'slidey' as my 920
* Downloading maps was easy
* Storage check not installed by default - checking to see if I can d/l it

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I found a Walmart close by that had 2 of them on hand. Just tonight I grabbed them both! I'm playing with one of them; I'm not sure yet what I'll do with the other one.

It seems that Walmart doesn't put them on display. I printed out the SKU 0061021463207 along with a bar code, gave it to the lady at the phone desk, and after scanning it with her bar code scanner she said there were 2 of them in the back. She went and got them, and as she was ringing them up told me she had no idea they had anything like that!

anon(5335877)

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I found a Walmart close by that had 2 of them on hand. Just tonight I grabbed them both! I'm playing with one of them; I'm not sure yet what I'll do with the other one.

It seems that Walmart doesn't put them on display. I printed out the SKU 0061021463207 along with a bar code, gave it to the lady at the phone desk, and after scanning it with her bar code scanner she said there were 2 of them in the back. She went and got them, and as she was ringing them up told me she had no idea they had anything like that!

They're not supposed to be selling them yet, that's why lol

zukirin

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site

May I ask how you printed out those information and how you went about asking the rep? I've been trying to get another one for my mother who liked it after messing with mine, but all the sales rep I went to gave the same excuses and would not even try to check the SKU in their system because "if there is not even a tag, we do not have it."

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the official date is the 11th.

11th... 8th... close enough :wink:

May I ask how you printed out those information and how you went about asking the rep? I've been trying to get another one for my mother who liked it after messing with mine, but all the sales rep I went to gave the same excuses and would not even try to check the SKU in their system because "if there is not even a tag, we do not have it."

I took this number 0061021463207 which is Walmart's SKU, and using this website, http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php, I created a barcode. I printed it out and gave it to the Walmart employee.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

Did you check WalMart.com to see if it says "Limited stock" at that location? If its listed online as limited stock at that address then they're supposed to sell it to you. I would just print the page out. The website even says to give employees the sku number. I would print all of that and if the employee still refuses, ask a manager.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Did you check WalMart.com to see if it says "Limited stock" at that location? If its listed online as limited stock at that address then they're supposed to sell it to you. I would just print the page out. The website even says to give employees the sku number. I would print all of that and if the employee still refuses, ask a manager.

I didn't find walmart.com to be very helpful. If you go to your most convenient Walmart store, they can tell you which stores in the area have the 521 in stock. That's how I found mine. I went to another store 12 miles away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers