Software&Firmware Updates 521-GDR3/Black

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Software&Firmware Updates released 521

Nokia Smart Cam finally updated.
It may have been updated a few weeks ago for other devices, but, everytime I tried checking on it, it said it was unavailable for 521.
Even though it came preinstalled with gdr2/amber.
anybody else get the update. (Amber required)

rkin92

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Nokia Smart Cam finally updated.
It may have been updated a few weeks ago for other devices, but, everytime I tried checking on it, it said it was unavailable for 521.
Even though it came preinstalled with gdr2/amber.
anybody else get the update. (Amber required)

I can confirm this. Just installed it today. (9/13)

50atomic

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the update, I noticed it was odd earlier I couldn't even find it in the store even after the Amber update. Good to know!

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Wow. I reinstalled ProCam a few days ago (although I don't really need it since I bought ProShot), but today it quit working again and came up with a message about how it doesn't work on my model phone. That's twice its quit working for me. Not worth the hassle if they keep doing that, especially since you can get ProShot without hassles.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Wow. I reinstalled ProCam a few days ago (although I don't really need it since I bought ProShot), but today it quit working again and came up with a message about how it doesn't work on my model phone. That's twice its quit working for me. Not worth the hassle if they keep doing that, especially since you can get ProShot without hassles.

Procam was never designed to work on 52X devices anyways, nokia must have put a device check in on the last update for Procam to prevent it. Sure Nokia could tweak it to make it work. Would be nice, but with photo apps like ProShot, OneShot(have yet to try it out probably next app that I will get with my bing points) and Camera360(free and pretty awesome) those do work without any problems.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded it again last night just to give it one more try. I'll see how long it works this time for grins. It always works for a few days for me

jaceot

May 11, 2013
Visit site

Nokia Pro Cam? Mine has worked without a problem since Amber. I don't take a lot of pictures but it has always loaded up.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Nokia Pro Cam? Mine has worked without a problem since Amber. I don't take a lot of pictures but it has always loaded up.

Yeah. Nokia ProCam. Interesting that yours keeps working. Maybe its something I am doing. I use it mostly in manual mode, and can often lock up the ProCam app with only one shot.

Update Sept 23 - My ProCam has now been working a week. I guess whatever problems it had have been fixed. I still prefer ProShot though.

Last edited:

mypb16

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Hey Everyone,

Trying to flash Amber to my new 521. I downloaded NCS but it keeps showing my phone is not supported. I have already downloaded Amber firmware from a previous post in this thread but I can't flash it. Can anyone give me some tips please.
Thanks.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Hey Everyone,

Trying to flash Amber to my new 521. I downloaded NCS but it keeps showing my phone is not supported. I have already downloaded Amber firmware from a previous post in this thread but I can't flash it. Can anyone give me some tips please.
Thanks.

The download you got from this thread is only for the T-Mobile 521, check your product code, if 059S0B4 then set NCS to offline mode, try a different USB port on the computer itself.

If product code is 059T039(metropcs) , or 059S000 you will have to redownload the gdr2/amber package if available.

mypb16

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site

Thank you for your help.

I downloaded a newer NCS from 2013 and I tried it on my Win 7 Pro computer and this time it worked. NCS showed my phone instead of saying unsupported. Finally got Amber on my 521. I really wanted FM Radio, thats the biggest reason for buying this phone for me.

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site

Woke up this morning to a blank lockscreen. I have it set to see the beautiful new Bing pictures when I wake it up. Today nada. I started playing some music with the XBox app and when I turned the screen off and on it was displaying the album art. Its never done that before. I also tried Photos and Facebook and they all worked on the lockscreen, but not Bing. Then about 1/2 hour later, the Bing wallpaper started working again :) It looks like maybe Nokia is getting the lockscreen stuff to work as it should and updated it while I slept. If they would just add the new much prettier Bing Weather tiles to it I would be happy as a clam.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium