Software&Firmware Updates 521-GDR3/Black

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Software&Firmware Updates released 521

Sysapppusher offered me Glance today... All the functions are greyed out though. Coming Soon???

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

Anybody else able to view Access point information now has well, this was not a option before. But the last access point update enable the option now.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

I noticed the same thing - I can't remove it now though!

thanks for confirming.

If you want to delete it, you have to add another access point and make it active before you can remove the primary one. But it may be the case where the apn info is coming from sim card itself and do not think it can be deleted if that is the case.

Aren Clegg

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Keep an eye on ncs. We ve seen the new updates on ncs 1 -3 months before they actually get released.

Kez0

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site

Hi...

can someone confirm if the product code 059S000 has AWS 3G bands enabled?

Thanks in advance.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

GDR3 + Black now available OTA..

Software version: Nokia Lumia 521 | T-Mobile Support

update to 3056.0000.1404.0034. This update provides features and improvements

Firmware: 3056.0000.1404.0034
Features
Accessibility. We've made several improvements for customers who are visually impaired.
Storage. Now you can easily free up storage space on your phone and manage temporary files. New categories show what's taking up space.
Driving Mode. Feeling distracted behind the wheel? Driving Mode allows you to minimize incoming calls and text messages to help you focus on the road.
Lock Screen Orientation. Reading emails in bed? You can lock your screen orientation so it doesn't shift when you move your phone around.
Wi-Fi. Start Start preserving cellular data on your phone right out of the box—you can now connect to Wi-Fi during set up.
Internet sharing. Now you can use your phone’s cellular data connection from your Microsoft Windows 8.1 devices by pairing them over Bluetooth.
Bluetooth. Several fixes were made to address known issues, and improvements were made to connection quality for Bluetooth accessories.
Ringtones. Do more with ringtones now. Assign ringtones for text messages, so you'll know who's texting you without even looking. Use your custom ringtones for more things—text messages, instant messages, emails, voicemail, and reminders.
App switcher. Don't look back. Now you can use the App switcher to quickly close apps when you're finished with them.
Other improvements. Includes many other improvements to Windows Phone.
Nokia Black - Double Tap to awake found under System->Touch

Last edited:

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

I tried installing beamer upon installing Black, but was disappointed that its "not available for your device". Wonder why...

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site

I tried installing beamer upon installing Black, but was disappointed that its "not available for your device". Wonder why...

Same here can't install beamer. Sure Nokia will fix it.

GDR3/Black - found double tap to awake under touch.
Battery life seems improved (will know more after normal day of use at work).
Not getting crash anymore when trying changing pictures from lockscreen->background photo->backgrounds. But I use Weatherflow which has a lockscreen wallpaper flipper.
I do like x to close app, will have to get used to it.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Any news of when Metro pcs users getting there black update? I figured since T mobile owns metro they would release the update at the same time as
Same here can't install beamer. Sure Nokia will fix it.
GDR3/Black - found double tap to awake under touch.
Battery life seems improved (will know more after normal day of use at work).
Not getting crash anymore when trying changing pictures from lockscreen->background photo->backgrounds. But I use Weatherflow which has a lockscreen wallpaper flipper.
I do like x to close app, will have to get used to it.

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
If anybody is interested or need its. I checked NCS before I left for work this morning, and was able to download GDR3/3056.0000.1404.0034 rom. It is 1.35gb in size.

lycsky

Apr 1, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Anybody here has Windows 8.0 versions of firmware for lumia 521? I need it to flash my phone back. And nokia server cannot be connected now. Thank you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99