Wireless charging back confirmed or not?

gibbage

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
One thing I noticed when doing my unboxing video, is that the 521 did not have any connectors integrated into the phone for a wireless charging back. If you notice the back of the 710, you see 3 metal circles. Those are to connect to the battery for the charger. The only connectors I see are for the battery itself. It is possible that the wireless back can connect onto those, but its just not engineered that way. Has it been confirmed that the 521 will have the option of a wireless charging back plate?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
One thing I noticed when doing my unboxing video, is that the 521 did not have any connectors integrated into the phone for a wireless charging back. If you notice the back of the 710, you see 3 metal circles. Those are to connect to the battery for the charger. The only connectors I see are for the battery itself. It is possible that the wireless back can connect onto those, but its just not engineered that way. Has it been confirmed that the 521 will have the option of a wireless charging back plate?

Only reason behind that is wireless charging isn't built into the unibody phone.
Look at the 820. Do you see any?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
From what I have read wireless charging is not supported by the 52x series. The hardware is not built into phone which is needed to work with the shell itself.

I could be wrong or right. Only Nokia could give us the right answer.

latetothepalmparty

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Wireless would be good....from wpcentral - "Despite the affordability, the Nokia Lumia 521 is no slouch. It sports a 4-inch screen and a 5 MP camera, along with good ol' 4G connectivity. This all comes nicely wrapped in a sleek design variety of colors. Throw in the fact that wireless charging is also available with optional covers, all for under $150, and no you're cooking with gas."

Nokia Lumia 521 heads to Walmart Saturday, T-Mobile May 22 | Windows Phone Central

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Wireless would be good....from wpcentral - "Despite the affordability, the Nokia Lumia 521 is no slouch. It sports a 4-inch screen and a 5 MP camera, along with good ol' 4G connectivity. This all comes nicely wrapped in a sleek design variety of colors. Throw in the fact that wireless charging is also available with optional covers, all for under $150, and now you're cooking with gas."

Nokia Lumia 521 heads to Walmart Saturday, T-Mobile May 22 | Windows Phone Central

curious.... typo perhaps? or does wpcentral know something we don't?

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
You could have just popped off the Lumia 521 back plate and checked for the necessary hardware... ;)

You're right; originally I was opening an AT&T account and getting the 920, but after 4 days of "order under review" I figured that if their service is that sucky opening, I wasn't looking forward to meeting a 2-year contract - so cancelled. In the meantime I had separately ordered the FatBoy and also a 32GB microSD. So when they came it was easy enough to try the FatBoy (and return it) but I kept the SD and it's now in my 521.

nomegustaios

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The 521 does not support NFC or wirelss charging (direct from Nokia's website)

Connectivity
  • SIM card type: Micro SIM
  • Dual SIM: No
  • Charging connectors: Micro-USB
  • AV connectors: 3.5 mm audio connector
  • System connectors: Micro-USB-B
  • USB: USB 2.0
  • Bluetooth: Bluetooth 3.0
  • Bluetooth profiles: Object Push profile (OPP) 1.1, Hands-free profile (HFP) 1.5, Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) 1.2, Audio/Video Remote Control Profile (AVRCP) 1.4, Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP) 1.1
  • Wi-Fi: WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
  • Wi-Fi security modes: WPA2 (AES/TKIP), WPA, WPA-Personal, WEP, WPA2-Personal, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Enterprise, PEAP-MSCHAPv2, EAP-SIM, EAP-AKA
  • NFC: No NFC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb