Local WalMart just sold me a Lumia 521 :)

ashykat

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
I was fully expecting to wait until tomorrow to pick up the Lumia 521, so imagine my surprise when a call to my local WalMart ended up with them placing one on hold for me. $140 later, here I am sitting with my new Lumia 521. So far I really like it. It's very light, feels pretty good in the hand, and it's zippier than I expected. I'm going to see how well it holds up as my daily driver, as I'm usually into all the high end devices. The issue I have is that I'm a commitment phobe when it comes to phones. I don't like feeling locked down, and return periods give me anxiety, so this phone may be the answer to that. Anywho, if you're itching for a 521, it couldn't hurt to give your local WalMart a call.

rmichael75

May 12, 2012
Visit site
At my walmart on Monday, I called and they had 2 on the floor along with other prepaid phones.. I went there 1 hour or so later to buy both... got only one and sold out.. Lets see what price Walmart has when they get new stock..

oryan_dunn

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Picked one up a few days ago at my local Walmart. Really just got it to experience WP8, as my regular phone is an Android. So far, I really like it and WP8 more than I thought I would. The biggest issue are a few apps that WP8 doesn't have, namely proper gtalk support and my Dish Network app. I also use my phone for podcasts, and the built in podcast support is ok, but I don't see a way to force refresh feeds or force downloads of new episodes. I may have to turn to a 3rd party app for those features.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Picked one up a few days ago at my local Walmart. Really just got it to experience WP8, as my regular phone is an Android. So far, I really like it and WP8 more than I thought I would. The biggest issue are a few apps that WP8 doesn't have, namely proper gtalk support and my Dish Network app. I also use my phone for podcasts, and the built in podcast support is ok, but I don't see a way to force refresh feeds or force downloads of new episodes. I may have to turn to a 3rd party app for those features.

gTalk:
Gchat - Google Talk app for Windows Phone
or
Talk.to: Free SMS, Gtalk & FB | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Podcasts:
Podcast Lounge | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
or
Podcatcher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers