Need some help

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I bought a Nokia 521 and I am trying it out. I have WIFI set up in my place so I can check it all out except for calls and texting. When I am comfortable with it I will changeover my plan to use the phone(currently on a Android preferred account. so cannot use WP*) I have been using a Vibrant for the past 2 1/2 years and its time to change. This might be in the wrong forum so I will probably also post in the WP8 forum. I am having a few issues and I could use some guidance.
Email- my accounts will not save my password. so I have to renter them all the time. Also all I see in my emails are text. no back ground images what so ever. Also links are sometimes not clickable. I searched but can not find out how to change any settings. Aslo sometimes email is sent, sometimes not.
In my photos, I cannot share to Facebook. I will hit the 3 dots and hit share, but there is no Facebook option. I have the FB app on my phone. Same with Twitter. On my lockscreen, I change the options to display a photo. nothing happens. Also trying to change the look of my tiles. Some of them will change, but others stay black(or white depending on the setting). I want to like WP8, but these little annoyances are enough to make me want to keep my Android.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks gnd

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. That worked, although I don't know if I will keep it. Don't like the fact that they can post on my accounts without me initiating it.

Jupast

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
You seem keen to ditch the Phone before you've even given it a fair chance.

Pays to learn how the OS works before you go dismissing it.

gnd1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I want to like it. It is totally different from what I am used to and takes some getting used to. I just want something that is very easy to work with. Main things that I use my phone for are photos, Facenook,Twitter, Email, and to actually make calls . The plain text in email,especially from businesses, just seems weird. The interface is interesting.,but seems targeted towards the younger.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Actually, I want to like it. It is totally different from what I am used to and takes some getting used to. I just want something that is very easy to work with. Main things that I use my phone for are photos, Facenook,Twitter, Email, and to actually make calls . The plain text in email,especially from businesses, just seems weird. The interface is interesting.,but seems targeted towards the younger.

what do you mean plain text emails? I get emails all the time with full pictures/html.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
what do you mean plain text emails? I get emails all the time with full pictures/html.

perhaps they don't realize that you have to click on an image area in an email to download images? Emails do not auto-download images. You have to manually tap any image placeholder to download the full email w/ images.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
NO html at all! Where is the setting to allow this?

There is no setting... emails are always html.

This is how HTML emails load:
yto6L2t.png

See the image placeholder with "download pictures"?

If an email is HTML it will download, and images require you to click "download pictures" for privacy reasons (meaning, if an email uses an image for a background, you will have to click "Download Pictures")

If an email is in plain text, that means the email was not sent in HTML.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa