Is the 521 unlockable? Or has anyone managed to unlock it?

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I got one at Walmart too. Since I've had T-Mobile service for about a year already, I simply put my active SIM card in it, and after 7 days it was eligible for unlocking. I requested, and received, the unlock code from T-Mobile.

Plazma1

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I bought a non branded 521 at a WalMart in the r. The phone came with a T-Mobile sim card in a T-Mobile box - but since I didn't want to activate it, I just called T-Mobile and they sent me an unlock code within a few days with no problem. I'm now using it on wind 4g

backfat1

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Just unlocked a 521 purchased from HSN after meeting their criteria for unlocking (40 days, $50, etc). Now using the phone with Net10 AT&T SIM without any issues.

ssx

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I bought a non branded 521 at a WalMart in the r. The phone came with a T-Mobile sim card in a T-Mobile box - but since I didn't want to activate it, I just called T-Mobile and they sent me an unlock code within a few days with no problem. I'm now using it on wind 4g

I also got this phone and want to get it unlocked for use on Wind.

Plazma1, how did you manage to get T-mobile to give you the code for free? They kept saying I need to have an account first.

Last edited:

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Unlocked my phone finally, just called up T-Mobile and they gave me the code. But I have had mine since May and been customer since then. So I meet all the requirements once again that is listed here. Have net10 at&t sim to thow in it, going out of town for a few days and where I am going little to no coverage with T-Mobile.

SIM Unlock your phone | T-Mobile Support

concretejimmy

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Move on. The Nokia 521 is the buggiest phone I have ever owned.
If you like having to hard reset every two weeks and loosing all your data, apps, and setting; then this pos is for you.

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Losing* I have not had any issues like that with my 521. To add to the thread, I unlocked my 521 and have had it on Solavei, H2O, straight talk at&t, and aio wireless.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

jeffwhitney

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
When I was in Denver I picked a 521 up for less than $100.00.. I called Tmo and asked to unlock it. Even though I had $30 5 gig plan from them, they just flat out denied me. When I returned to Toronto I did use cellunlocker and paid for the unlock. I'm using my Wind sim in, I"m on the Wish Unlimited for $40. It works perfect. Voice quality is awesome compared to my iPhone 5, including the people talking to me, they did note I sound fantastic compared to my iPhone 5 from Bell.. go figure. leave it to Nokia. All is good on Wind, however of course - the data speeds are miserable. 3 meg down 1 meg up (at best) registered 4G in the systems check. (My Nexus4 is Identical) But it does work... Perhaps its were I'm located.

Personally what I ended up using the phone for is home phone (gone is the landline). I purchased a Panasonic cordless home phone system (with two cordless phones) that also hooks up via Bluetooth. So I leave the 521 at home and it works like my home phone for $40 a month with my Wind plan, which has unlimited north america calling. The bluetooth has been rock solid. Incoming and out coming calls work flawless on the Panasonic Bluetooth cordless phones. Out and about for now my daily mobile is the iPhone.

suji21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to find a 520 or 521 that will work on WIND Mobile here in Canada. I bought the HTC 8S for my mother for mother's day and while she loves it the 1.6GB of usuable internal storage is a bit of a deal breaker.

She loves the perks of the Lumia so I'm trying to find one that can run on WIND's network. I've found some unlocked 520's on eBay but wasn't clear if they would work properly on WIND's network. All I know is that it has to be AWS compatible with bands 1700/2100. T-Mobile is usually compatible with WIND but I'm not seeing any unlocked ones around.

Anyone know if it can be unlocked?

Hi, yes you can unlock your nokia lumia 521 and also you can connect it with WIND network. use this website to unlock your phone MobileUnlockSolutions.com this provider helps you to unlock your phone at very reasonable cost..

jeffwhitney

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure I'm late in reply. But I've been using my 521 (microsoft store purchase) no issue on Wind. 12 MB down, 2 MB up // Works great by the way. The Nokia chip makes the best sounding voice calls I've ever had close to landline quality. Now I've bought the 928 as I also travel to Silicon Valley on business and I have the old grandfathered unlimited data plan from Verizon, no tethering pay extra for that. They activated the 928 from an eBay purchase, no issue. PS, the 928 comes unlocked and works on AWS hspa21.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs