521 'can't connect to IM'

Artisel

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I have my 521 on net10 while I test out the platform. All APN settings are correct so far as I can tell - I can use the internet, make calls, and send/receive MMS and text.

The only thing that won't work is the messenger functions. I can't attach to Facebook chat at all. Me tile gives the notice in the subject line. Messaging app says 'connecting' then 'can't connect to chat'.

I've checked https://status.live.com/ to see if it's a MSFT issue - nothing listed.
I've tried reset, uninstall/reinstall FB app (regular and beta), and making sure battery saver is off.
It also doesn't connect using WIFI only.

Does anyone have any suggestions that I haven't already covered? I assume messenger is working for everyone else since I haven't seen any 521 threads on it anywhere...

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Artisel

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Facebook app doesn't have anything to do with the Messages hub facebook integration. Go to settings > email + accounts, & check to see if facebook is added and that your info is accurate. Also make sure (on a pc) that your facebook account doesn't need re-linked with your Microsoft account (that happens some times)

Tried that also. With multiple facebook accounts. (obviously not at the same time)

cerebasan

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I've tried everything myself. Connecting and reconnecting. Nothing seems to work.
"cant connect to see who's online" but the facebook app works. :angry:

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I've tried everything myself. Connecting and reconnecting. Nothing seems to work.
"cant connect to see who's online" but the facebook app works. :angry:

Maybe its broken after the messenger move to skype changes. You may have to stick with the app till its fixed. I would try search Microsoft Answers for this problem, and if all else fails, ask on Microsoft Answers or ask Microsoft Support for support.

Its also possible facebook changed their API and broke chat.

I don't know what else to suggest (you could always try revoking account permission for "Microsoft Account" and "Windows Phone" under your facebook app settings online. Will require you to re-setup your facebook account link to your Microsoft Account, but it could work.)

Artisel

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Yeah. I'm guessing (after trying everything suggested) that it's just broken somewhere on the backend. In the big picture it's a mild annoyance. Other than that, I'm really enjoying everything else on the platform so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes