07-21-2014 02:46 PM
47 12
tools
    anybody found a nice, hard plastic case in white that isn't slick?
    07-06-2013 10:37 PM
    this one looks good and says "rubberized"....sounds like it'd be a tackier surface.

Colorful Rubberized Hard Snap on Cover Case for Nokia Lumia 521 T Mobile Screen | eBay
    07-06-2013 10:43 PM
    IMHO, The best case I have found for this phone is the Tech21 with D3O technology that TMobile sells is the best, hands down. Yes, they are on the pricey side ($30), considering the phone is only $150. However, the case is solid and you can get a firm grip on it. Also, this is going protect your phone on accidental drops/falls way more than these $4 cheapo cases are going to do. An Tech21 case had saved my former iPhone on more than one occasion on what could have been a deadly drop. Just my humble opinion.
    07-07-2013 11:55 AM
    IMHO, The best case I have found for this phone is the Tech21 with D3O technology that TMobile sells is the best, hands down. Yes, they are on the pricey side ($30), considering the phone is only $150. However, the case is solid and you can get a firm grip on it. Also, this is going protect your phone on accidental drops/falls way more than these $4 cheapo cases are going to do. An Tech21 case had saved my former iPhone on more than one occasion on what could have been a deadly drop. Just my humble opinion.
    Waiting for a White case since my 521 is white. Looks kind of stupid to have a two tone combo in a phone and case together. Hopefully, T-Mobile will stock it or it will be available somewhere else.
    07-12-2013 03:53 AM
    Waiting for a White case since my 521 is white. Looks kind of stupid to have a two tone combo in a phone and case together. Hopefully, T-Mobile will stock it or it will be available somewhere else.
    T-Mobile carries this white and charcoal Body Glove Tactic case. It's close to what you would like. Just go to this link: Prepaid Nokia Lumia 521 | Lumia 521 w/ No Annual Contract | T-Mobile. Then click accessories and scroll down. Might be a good choice?
    07-12-2013 01:18 PM
    anyone have any experience with this product? i rarely drop my phones so that's less an issue for me than general scratching/nicking and stuff.

61icbbjplpl._sl1000_.jpg

Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 521 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories
    07-12-2013 09:24 PM
    I installed the screen protector. I feels better and shows the finger prints less. I have no experience with the body cover.

check my previous post: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...mpression.html
    07-13-2013 07:22 AM
    cool - thanks for the info
    07-13-2013 09:15 AM
    If that black one is the tech21 case found at tmobile stores, I have it. Phone slipped out of my hand while laying on couch and it just bounced to safety. Sturdy one piece case with shock absorption.
    07-13-2013 05:15 PM
    08-05-2013 05:57 PM
    I ordered this case from amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRNV81S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 When I purchased the case it was $0.26 It's a great case. My 521 fits snug and it was inexpensive.
    08-05-2013 07:19 PM
    i installed this a couple weeks ago and it's been great so far. great fit, great feel. obviously it won't protect against drops but that wasn't my intent. i hate full-fledged cases because they add such bulk and change the shape of the phone. this is ideal for me....well worth the $15.
    08-05-2013 08:09 PM
    This is close to my experience with it. Wasn't impressed with the product.

Amazon.com: Mark White's review of Skinomi TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 521 Screen ...
    08-05-2013 10:58 PM
    As far as cases go, I highly recommend the Tech21 case at T-Mobile. I tried one of the cheap ones from Amazon and it was a loose fit and too tacky. The Tech21 is a great case. Good grip without being too sticky. Fits really well but can be easily removed for getting to the back of the phone or for cleaning. I'm hoping I don't have to see how well it protects.
    Last edited by molimelight; 08-05-2013 at 11:03 PM. Reason: clarity
    08-05-2013 11:02 PM
    This is close to my experience with it. Wasn't impressed with the product.

Amazon.com: Mark White's review of Skinomi TechSkin - Nokia Lumia 521 Screen ...
    you had a problem with putting on just the screen protector? i found that incredibly simple, but i've done it before this time. the body was somewhat difficult for me, but i still got that aligned pretty well with no issues.
    08-06-2013 10:46 AM
    I didn't have trouble putting it on. I had trouble putting it on without some floating particle of dust or something sticking to it. Once that happens, good luck getting the particle off of it. I have put on screen protectors before. The Skinomi one is very tacky on the surface and unforgiving once something sticks to it. I've built my own computers since 1986, so it's not like this is something that stumped me. It's a weakness of the product.
    08-06-2013 06:24 PM
    I just received a hybrid case from myfavcell via amazon. 2 piece, soft inner\hard plastic outer with kickstand. I ordered it on Wednesday, it came in the mail today. $5.36 shipped. Very pleased. Nice cheap case.
    08-09-2013 02:46 PM
    I got this case. Fits great on my 521. SInce its rubberized, no more slippery phone. I did scuff the rubber case up a tad with a ScotchBrite pad to make it even less sllippery.

Silicone Gel Skin Cover Case for Tmobile Nokia Lumia 521 | eBay
    08-17-2013 07:41 AM
    just got this one-

Amazon.com: For Nokia Lumia 521 Solid TPU Cover Case Hot Pink Accessory: Cell Phones & Accessories

Fits like a second skin- very thin- flexible tpu, non-slip, leaves a small lip to raise the screen to avoid scratches. Very nice.And cheap!!

I added this tpu case to a previous one I bought. I had gotten a wallet type case made for the 520. The hard holder inside the wallet folio was too small of course, so I pulled it off. It was only glued on. Before I got this tpu case, I just added velcro to the case and back of my phone and it worked OK. I dropped it and the exposed end hit my driveway with a little dent on the white battery back and a small dent to the black plastic edging on the phone itself on the corner. I was able to mold it back into shape.

When I got this tpu case I looked for some really strong double sided sticky tape. The velcro added thickness and I did not like it. It worked well though. So I removed the velcro from the case and the battery door. And went back to altering the 520 case to adapt to this 521 phone.

I found a product in the A&P stationary area called SCOTCH brand RE-STICKABLE strips for Mounting that "holds up to 1 lb, and they remove cleanly and supposedly are reusable and repositionable. They are. It came with 6 strips. I used 2 to make 1 line of stickiness. I put it on the wallet folio, put my phone in the tpu case, and pressed it to the wallet case. It lookes like they were made for each other. The tpu case looks like the hard black holder I had to pull off the wallet case due to it being too small, only it's hot pink to match the wallet case. Now I can pull off the tpu case if I want to go minimal, or leave it in the wallet case with the added screen protection and the slots for ID and credit cards. But it is working so well, I am planning on leaving them paired.

Cost- approx $7 for the wallet case (amazon)http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pUvbUpU2094185 , approx $5 for the tpu case (amazon) link above, sticky strips about $6. Total $18. Most people don't have the patience to adapt, but I am persistent. The 2 pieces paired like they were made for each other. The outer dimensions of the wallet case were adequate to cover the phone, but the hard shell to hold the phone is too small since it was made for the 520. Replacing it with the above tpu worked perfeclyt. Now I have the original protection, plus more since the tpu case wraps around the front edge of the phone. The original shell holder did not. It left exposed the top and bottom of the phone. Remove the original shell was easy. Just a steady pull released it from the soft glue the manufacturer used. I cleaned it up with nail polish remover and alcohol.

opps! 1st pic is upside down! Sorry :)

20130903_161048.jpg20130903_161130.jpg20130903_161243.jpgI
    Last edited by MsBuzzman; 09-03-2013 at 03:21 PM.
    08-20-2013 10:43 PM
    i have only found two so far that fit but they were on ebay.
    Guytronic likes this.
    07-15-2014 08:13 PM
    I ordered this case from amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CRNV81S/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 When I purchased the case it was $0.26 It's a great case. My 521 fits snug and it was inexpensive.
    I have that case, got it through that person as well. Best case I have bought so far.
    07-19-2014 03:30 PM
    07-21-2014 02:46 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD