Case warning!

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
4 vendors who CLAIM their case is for a 521. 4 vendors who are liars. So beware of this scam. I have yet to find a case that fits the 521. I won't call them out but a simple amazon and google search will point the way...avoid all of these vendors. Sucks too...i don't want the white to get dirty :/

Jtress

May 5, 2013
Visit site
I ordered a case from a vendor called luckiefind on Amazon. They sent out the incorrect case and immediately emailed and let me know they had sent the incorrect case and sent me a correct case fro the 521. I got 2 cases the same day and returned to sender the incorrect case. The silicone case they sent fits perfectly.

I also ordered a screen protector from skinomi and they also sent the incorrect screen protector. They will be shipping me out a correctly sized screen protector on 5/21 for the Lumia 521 as a replacement. I had the skinomi screen protector for my android phone and it was the best screen protector I have ever had. It looked horrible the day I put it on. But a few days later, all the bubbles and imperfections vanish. It has a weird kind of rubbery feel to it, but I got used to it after a couple of days.

I think the confusion is between the 520 and the 521. The 521 is about 4-5mm longer than the 520. Per Nokia, the 520 is 119mm and the 521 is 124mm

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Same time here. Bought 4 cases that don't fit! I need a guarantee that it fits the 521 before I purchase another one. For the record, if anyone sees a case with the description of 520/521 it most likely WON'T fit! The 521 is a tad taller.

jpm1532

May 7, 2013
Visit site
The cases recommended by Jtress, luckiefind seller on amazon fit my 521. Thx

Attachments

• IMG_0591 (1024x767).jpg
    IMG_0591 (1024x767).jpg
    522.5 KB · Views: 23

Jtress

May 5, 2013
Visit site
The Luckiefind case fits well. It's a cheap option which helps with the slick feel of this phone. I was not a fan of how this phone felt naked. It was slick in my hands. Maybe just me being a lefty?

Hopefully, I get the corrected Skinomi screen protector soon and will be able to comment on it. Skinomi also sent the wrong sized screen protector for the 520, and promptly addressed the issue and issued me a new item as it was available. Was hoping to get it today, but it was not in the mail. Maybe tomorrow.
Glad it worked for you, JPM1532...

Forced

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Is the luckiefind case just a single piece silicon case or is it a plastic two piece case? Just confused since it is titled as a silicon case but in the description it says that it is a snap on hard plastic case.

Jtress

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Luckiefind sent me a link to all of their cases that are supposed to fit the 521, which is what I posted above. I ordered the black silicone case (first on the list), which is just a 1 piece slip on silicone case. I have no idea if their other cases fit or what they actually are.
I just wanted a cheap silicone case to help with the slickness of his phone. I am hopeful that Seido comes out with an active case for this soon. I saw that Tmobile had some cases similar to the seido case, but for $40... I can wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077