Facebook beta causing sleep of death

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I came across an issue where the facebook beta app would cause sleep of death on my Lumia 521. After removing the app and reinstalling the standard facebook the issue went away. Has anyone else stumbled on this issue?

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I came across an issue where the facebook beta app would cause sleep of death on my Lumia 521. After removing the app and reinstalling the standard facebook the issue went away. Has anyone else stumbled on this issue?

Not me... maybe its the background updates. see if it happens with all notifications disabled, background task turned off, and a normal lockscreen (if you happen to be using the FB live lock screen)

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
looks like it may not have been the beta facebook. It happened again the other night. I hope this isn't a common occurrence or I may have to go back to my old phone. I've been trying to avoid it by backing out of ecery app completely, but it is a hassle to do it that way.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
are you sure you are waking the device with the power button, not attempting to with the camera button? (ive mistaken both buttons more than once for the other.)

Also, make sure you do not have too many background tasks. 512MB Ram may not be a normal problem, but if you have a ton of background apps on simultaneously, it may freeze your device)

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I certainly havent been hitting the camera button. And I've been closing out of apps to prevent this from happening, but shouldn't the phone perform memory management so I don't have to do this?

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
I certainly havent been hitting the camera button. And I've been closing out of apps to prevent this from happening, but shouldn't the phone perform memory management so I don't have to do this?

No. Background tasks are for background updates and live tiles, etc. Think like Windows. Just because you closed it, doesn't mean its not running. But unlike android, where such a problem is rampant, Windows Phone has limits on what apps can run in the background, and can easily manage them and disable them.

Go to settings > swipe to the left (from the right) > background tasks

from there, select apps you don't want to run in the background (note: some apps require them on for live tile updates!) and tap "block". Then make sure "turn background tasks back on for the app next time I open it" is not checked.

Phone memory management does limit the amount of apps to be suspended and resumed (aka: apps within the multitask switcher) but doesn't manage background services

suyash bhardwaj

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
I guess it has been a couple of months since when you bought yourself this phone...do you still see this sleep of death problem? How often?
I myself have purchased a Nokia Lumia 520 & the same problem is persistent on my phone too. Ever since its purchase it has been a week & this issue has raised 3 times in a random fashion. I've this facebook app installed on my phone. Have we figured out its cause yet?
Please suggest.:confused::confused:

Shad0wguy

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I guess it has been a couple of months since when you bought yourself this phone...do you still see this sleep of death problem? How often?
I myself have purchased a Nokia Lumia 520 & the same problem is persistent on my phone too. Ever since its purchase it has been a week & this issue has raised 3 times in a random fashion. I've this facebook app installed on my phone. Have we figured out its cause yet?
Please suggest.:confused::confused:

Nope, I still see the issue. I just make a point to back out of the facebook app before locking the phone. A bit inconvenient, but less so then having to pull the battery and reboot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12