Problems with System Apps

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Just tonight I started having a problem. All the sudden my settings, photos, and Bing search will not open. I will get "loading" and these:
WindowsPhoneProgressbar.gif

then after a few passes of those dots it crashes to my start screen.

Any ideas? I think its lock screen related, since a disable of my lockscreen app and a soft reset fixed it, but after trying to set the lock screen image back to a photo (it reverted to the default T-Mobile wallpaper), it crashed upon image selection. However, this may be coincidental and whatever is causing it may just be happening at the same time I select an image.

UPDATE: It appears to be SD Card related. Everything works fine (including lockscreen images) after removing the sd. Also, with the SD inserted, the pictures hub has "Updating..." in the top left corner the entire time. Anyone know why that is?

Can someone give any insight? I thought I fixed it, now its doing it again, and my phone wont even be recognized in windows explorer now. ;w;

Last edited:

WP8Expert

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Just tonight I started having a problem. All the sudden my settings, photos, and Bing search will not open. I will get "loading" and these:
http://www.windowsphoneapplist.com/images/WindowsPhoneProgressbar.gif
then after a few passes of those dots it crashes to my start screen.

Any ideas? I think its lock screen related, since a disable of my lockscreen app and a soft reset fixed it, but after trying to set the lock screen image back to a photo (it reverted to the default T-Mobile wallpaper), it crashed upon image selection. However, this may be coincidental and whatever is causing it may just be happening at the same time I select an image.

UPDATE: It appears to be SD Card related. Everything works fine (including lockscreen images) after removing the sd. Also, with the SD inserted, the pictures hub has "Updating..." in the top left corner the entire time. Anyone know why that is?

Can someone give any insight? I thought I fixed it, now its doing it again, and my phone wont even be recognized in windows explorer now. ;w;

It may be because your SD card is not formatted properly. Attempt a backup of your photos onto your PC, delete its contents, reinsert your SD, go to "phone storage" in settings, and format your SD. Then restore your data back into the SD. It most likely should work now.

Dustin Hodges

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
It may be because your SD card is not formatted properly. Attempt a backup of your photos onto your PC, delete its contents, reinsert your SD, go to "phone storage" in settings, and format your SD. Then restore your data back into the SD. It most likely should work now.

I know its formatted properly. Ive been using the SD for over a month (and I reformatted it before using it in my phone). However, I think I found the problem (though I am not holding my breath). I have been having trouble with maps downloading and it seems a download error caused a folder to appear non-existent on the SD card and created bad sectors which corrupted part of the disk. One (exceedingly long) run of chkdsk and I can now successfully delete the MapData folder (which wouldn't delete due to "dirty volume" error before chkdsk). I am going to see if it works now in my 521. Wish me luck....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss