I just started my second month. The first month I used one of those cards from Walmart that I purchased with the phone. I paid for the second month online and noticed the dollar amounts said 90 days next to them except the $100 amount was 365 days.

Question? If I add a $10 dollar buffer for overage minutes and don't use it for 3 months, will it go away. Or will T Mobile use the oldest money first, the $10 + $20 from the $30 dollar payment leaving a new $10 dollar buffer? Or will I have to play games like, making a $20 dollar payment + the old $10 buffer for the beginning of the month and then add another $10 later and so on. I guess I am being paranoid here but in my experience everyone is always trying to milk us of money.
    06-07-2013 02:24 AM
    So far extra funds just sit there till used up, as long as you have an active account. I too throw an extra $10 in my account for those months when I go over. Right now I have $1.10 as a buffer left over. I can't remember when I added the extra money.

What I have found that you start with say $40 in your account, you don't go over your minutes, and you have a $10 balance remaining by the next billing cycle, you still have to add $30 (+tax) to keep your account active.

The other irritating thing is that when your minutes get low, and you still have "buffer" funds, when you make a call, it tells you that your minutes are low, but it continues the call till you use up your "buffer" funds. Now if you don't have "buffer" funds, and you make a call, when the minutes are up, it drops your call (or it did the last time it happened to me, a year or so ago), and you can't make or receive calls till you add funds.
    06-08-2013 11:33 AM
    Question? If I add a $10 dollar buffer for overage minutes and don't use it for 3 months, will it go away. Or will T Mobile use the oldest money first, the $10 + $20 from the $30 dollar payment leaving a new $10 dollar buffer? Or will I have to play games like, making a $20 dollar payment + the old $10 buffer for the beginning of the month and then add another $10 later and so on. I guess I am being paranoid here but in my experience everyone is always trying to milk us of money.
    That $10 buffer will stay there. At the beginning of your billing cycle T-Mobile will take $30 from your account. No more, no less. It's that straightforward. Just make sure there is at least $30 in the account, and you're good to go.

What I have found that you start with say $40 in your account, you don't go over your minutes, and you have a $10 balance remaining by the next billing cycle, you still have to add $30 (+tax) to keep your account active.
    If you still have $10 in your account, I don't believe you have to add $30. You should only need to add $20 to make a total of $30 in your account. I guess I've never actually done it that way; I could be wrong. I normally buy refill cards in $50 or $100 values, so I just buy another one when my account is <$30.
    06-08-2013 11:51 AM
    Just got this 521 / $30 / month T mobile 100 minutes - Need window talking app that works like Google talk ( Free call using data ) Droid phone has Talkaton, grove IP etc. Anything for window?
    Try " FREE TALK " window app. but seems it just for call routing / forwarding only. It routed back to my cell phone and use my precious 100 T mobile minutes.
    06-09-2013 11:43 PM
    Skype?
    06-10-2013 12:16 AM
    Just got this 521 / $30 / month T mobile 100 minutes - Need window talking app that works like Google talk ( Free call using data ) Droid phone has Talkaton, grove IP etc. Anything for window?
    Try " FREE TALK " window app. but seems it just for call routing / forwarding only. It routed back to my cell phone and use my precious 100 T mobile minutes.
    Wi-fi calling is available for this phone, built-in. That may help as well.
    06-12-2013 07:35 PM
    Does WiFi calling use the monthly 100 minutes?
    06-14-2013 03:55 PM
    Does WiFi calling use the monthly 100 minutes?
    Yep. At least the last time I checked .
    06-14-2013 04:13 PM