Netflix and Lumia 521?

ngnetzky

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Can someone tell me how well the Netflix app performs on the Lumia 521? I never liked how well the Netflix app performed on my sister's low-end android phone. So since my Lumia 521 only has 512mb of ram, I'm kinda assuming it *might* not perform well. However, I would love to be proven wrong yet again. I'm coming from a iPhone 4 and I thought the lumia 521 would feel like a down grade and it doesn't.

Sidenote (unrelated): I never thought I would be using a Nokia again, it brings back fond memories of my first cell phone the Nokia 5165.

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have Netflix through my Xbox 360 and also on Win 8. I am not so fond of the metro style app in Win8. The Xbox and desktop are better IMHO. Anyway I installed the free app on my 521 and it works like all my other wifi PC's, just the small screen. Looking for material is harder though because of screen size. I don't know what else to say, it works.

ngnetzky

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, everybody! Just another reason why a budget WP8 phone is way better than any budget Android phone. Netflix does not perform well at all on my sis "budget" android phone.

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
Does closed captioning work on the Netflix app on the Lumia 521? Is there a toggle to turn it on and off in the video playback controls?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs