My old Straight Talk phone was very efficient at downloading emails. It downloaded the Subject lines of email messages and would only download the message body when I clicked on a message subject. The email app that comes with the Nokia Lumia 521 downloads both the message subject and message body of every email and is quickly using up my 32 Mb monthly data allotment in my plan. At least it isn't downloading graphics/pictures in the emails. I've changed the email download to a manual sync to cut down on bandwidth usage but was wondering if there are other tricks that would help cut down on bandwidth usage? Are there any other email apps that I could install that would use bandwidth more efficiently?
    06-22-2013 11:23 PM
    32 mb/months?
    That's nothing.
    If you rely on emails and receive so many messages/day you should rather consider to,change your data plan or find a consistent wi-fi connection
    06-22-2013 11:53 PM
    Actually 32Mb is way more than enough for most email as long as you have an efficient email program.
    06-23-2013 03:31 PM
    Well, so you basically don't use anything else on the phone, no live tiles, no Bing searches, no vocal dictation, no push notification, you don't use wpcentral nice app, nothing at all. How do you keep the phone from connecting to any other service/app?
    In that case I wouldn't have bought a windows phone, an android or an iPhone.
    06-24-2013 03:54 AM
    Actually 32Mb is way more than enough for most email as long as you have an efficient email program.
    Efficient? If you mean efficient by having to click every 5 seconds to see every word of an email, that's not efficient. At least not from a usability standpoint.

I don't know how you are so limited to 32mb a month. With the number of emails I go through on my phone, that would be gone in less than a week. Sounds like a smartphone is a smart idea for your situation.
    06-24-2013 04:36 AM
    The whole concept of live tiles is that they update in the background, and some gently sup data to update. I agree with the above and put to you that you would be far better off with either a nice little android phone running gingerbread or a feature phone. 32mb is really peanuts. 32mb is what i use in the morning checking stuff before i hop out of bed
    06-24-2013 04:48 AM