07-13-2013 06:02 PM
28 12
tools
    I came from android devices and tried this phone out. I can say my google contacts and calender synced very easily. Metrotalk is a good sub. for GV. I am really liking this phone and decided to keep it. I have the tmo monthly 4g plan on this and put my ptel realpaygo in my Note. I went back to tmo after not being completely happy with ptel, but I have the sim workable for the next 10 months. Got some great refil deals before deciding to refil t-mo. The only thing I am lacking is free tethering. I will have to switch sims in my phones to get this working again on my note. Tmobile charges for tethering on prepaid with this phone. It used to be an extra $15 to use the data you already paid for. Android has a work around for this double charge. I don't understand how this double dip is allowed or tolerated by consumers on all the cell phone companies.
    07-12-2013 03:12 PM
    I had an htc hd7 and saw this available at walmart for a dollar and jumped on it. Being a low end device it's still a quality device.
    07-13-2013 05:23 PM
    The only 'problem' I see is that if your are a heavy user of Google services you won't get those (at least on the same level) on a non-android phone. Google has pretty much excluded other ecosystems from fully tapping into Google apps and services. That said, the alternatives are as good if not better on Nokia phones (HERE drive/maps and Nokia apps)
    I'm going to disagree with you, at least a bit. Google is probably the best at making thier ecosystem available on other devices. The fact is, neither Apple nor Microsoft (Windows phone) has done much of anything to make their ecosystem really work on another phone OS. While I agree Google has not done much for the Windows phone yet, they do at least make an attempt to make their ecosystem available on iOS -- for example, the Siri competitor Google Now is included in the iOS Google Search app.

I believe Google, like many of the app publishers, are waiting for Windows Phone to grab a larger market share before porting their apps. I'll agree it is disappointing and frustrating. Amazon is another company that it would be nice if they stepped up, largely in providing their music (such as iOS and Android) and video (iOS) apps on Windows Phone. I'm also frustrated by B&N for not making a Windows Phone Nook app, particularly since they have a Nook app for Windows Tablets.
    07-13-2013 06:02 PM
28 12